XP
Country
Poland
Added to original fantranslation WIP:
- Go-toubun no Hanayome ~Kanojo to Kawasu Itsutsu no Yakusoku~

Moved from original fantranslation WIP to finished:
- The Quintessential Quintuplets the Movie: Five Memories of My Time with You

Removed from original fantranslation WIP:
- Megaton Musashi (its expanded version Megaton Musashi W: Wired was officially released with English language)

Last edited by masagrator,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for asking here but I tried to reach out to you on Discord and wasn't able to get an answer. I've been trying to extract the script for Little Busters EE using LuckSystem and it's been giving me some issues. I've managed to get the Steam release to extract perfectly fine but for some reason the Switch release either fails extraction entirely or only gives some of the files. For example the Switch release will give me the actual script but not the reference file that all the text is stored in.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Games published by Prototype require different approach to script disassembling for each release of each game. So tools made for PC version won't work on Switch version the same way. You need to make your own disassembler for Switch version.

I have never used LuckSystem for translation, for all Prototype published games I have reverse engineered executable and made my own disassembler/assembler.

https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/ISLAND/Text/script_dumper.py
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/The Grisaia Trilogy/script_disassemble.py
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/AIR/script_dumper.py
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/Summer Pockets REFLECTION BLUE/script_disassemble.py

But since Kanon release that have changed because from that game they store texts outside of script, so their future releases will be easier to translate.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I get that Prototype's engines are efficient in the way they function but damn are they a pain to work with at times. I'll look into it further in the future.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Looking for people to work on "Yoru Tomosu".
I managed to make translated text show but still need work as font is kinda big and gets cut a lot for random reasons.
Contact me here or discord: maskofsin

Reactions: mathew77

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Btw is there any discord for switch ports/translations?

Took me a few hours to figure out that the game doesn't show "," so the text can't have a single comma, rip.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Just replace it with fullwidth comma without space after it :D
Damn that was genious!
Worked like a charm.
Now, it only shows 113~ characters each time.
Any ideas to work around that?
I figure creating new lines would mess the game pace

Last edited by joex11,

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Welp, at least it's doable.
Guess I'll take a break until I figure out a way to either change the font to half width (and hopefully it doubles the amount of characters it shows) or make the engine read more characters somehow...

Captura de tela 2024-06-04 124549.png

Captura de tela 2024-06-04 124415.png

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
@joex11
Maybe you might consider the decision to release it right now here as a beta version, if most of the text was successfully translated into English? For me it's quite readable, I mean this is much better than Japanese as for a non-Japanese reader. :)

Last edited by mathew77,

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
@joex11
Maybe you may consider the decision to release it right now here as a beta version, if most of the text was successfully translated into English? For me it's quite readable, I mean this is much better than Japanese as for a non-Japanese reader. :)
Actually I MTL just a bit to check if I can make it work... There are 18 chapters + epilogue it seems.
Another problem is sometimes the texts are way too big and it won't fit - it won't even show on backlog.
So I'd need to manually rewrite some of the text to fit while keeping it as faithful as possible

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am now porting translation of A Clockwork Ley-Line trilogy to Switch. Spend a week on figuring out how engine works so now I don't need to rely on mrg archives to load files, fixed font spacing for messages, text box size, etc. (I don't care that much when patch misalignes help texts glyphs when it fixes issue with messages). It was a nice experience to learn how HuneX works inside.

Since this release has additional content, I will be translating it using MTL unless someone with actuall skills would like to help translate it.
I am not planning to port h-scenes.
---

Technical details:
It's technically possible to add h-scenes only by working on existing scenario files since executable is hardcoded to support only original amount of files. They are text files, but with commands saying absolutely nothing like f.e. "_XSTX" which is used to render text outside of text box.
Code:
_XSTX(21,『あなたの叶えたい望みはなんですか』,300-100,300));
You would need also proper tools to support creating new BTNX files with new textures and missing voice files + you need to add informations hardcoded to executable about textures, there is a table with names and many informations like resolution.

---

In case if any voice file/texture file/message will turn out to be censored and not related to cutted h-scenes, I will be restoring uncensored one whenever possible (in place of h-scenes they added some short dialogues that don't exist even in Steam version and those will be MTLed).
I think it will be released somewhere in next month, since without additional content whole trilogy takes 50h to finish.
2024060722230600.jpg2024060722212300.jpg2024060722210800.jpg2024060722210300.jpg2024060722205700.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY