Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

GellyGel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? And yes?
I bought a copy of botw (direct from best buy, sent from their factory and not a store) and it is revision 001 but only has the base 1.0.0 launch version of zelda. I was able to confirm that european rated copies of revision 001 have a newer patch on the cart but I haven't been able to replicate it with a North America copy.

SamuraiPizzaCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So base off the list, I can use "Kirby Star Allies" cartridge to update to 4.1.0, correct? I am currently on 4.0.1 and like every one else patiently waiting for the cfw. I just like to confirm. So I don't make a stupid mistake or if there was a revision out there.

P.S. Hope I didn't accidentally double post. Sorry If I did.

Last edited by SamuraiPizzaCat,

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So base off the list, I can use "Kirby Star Allies" cartridge to update to 4.1.0, correct? I am currently on 4.0.1 and like every one else patiently waiting for the cfw. I just like to confirm. So I don't make a stupid mistake or if there was a revision out there.

P.S. Hope I didn't accidentally double post. Sorry If I did.
Yes, you can. You can check the revision on the back of the cartridge.

Reactions: SamuraiPizzaCat

Captain_Rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup my switch today only to find out that its on 2.2, but I have 002 copies of both Zelda and Mario Kart. I havent checked my Odyssey copy, but I assume those are all 3.0.1 (or 2) firmwares?

It seems then Zelda will require 4.1.0. And Kart will require me to be on 4.0.1 at least

I don't want to "not" play my games, but is it really valuable to stay at 3.0 or below? Or should I not be concerned and just move up to 4.1.0?

Last edited by Captain_Rex,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought Doom on a cart (used) and I with DNS updating blocked, the game launches (says it needs updating though), then I get a an error because the game is trying to check some server, but the game keeps going until the I got the confirm page and even though A works for my confirm, I can not move the cursor down to the continue button at all. Which means I can't play the game.

Now if I turn my normal DNS on, it tells me in game that I need to restart & update the game. Gives me a later & restart options, but later just keeps bring up that screen.

Any work around for that? If not, you might need to make a note about the Doom game since it doesn't run from the cartridge without updating it anymore.

I'm on 4.1 firmware.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popular games got new revs often dont own doom so maybe theres alredy 001 cart. Switchdb says 3.0.1 but its aaa and popular game.

I'm going to see if they have any other doom carts first. Maybe i can find one that will work without internet & update. thanks for your replies.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I bought Doom on a cart (used) and I with DNS updating blocked, the game launches (says it needs updating though), then I get a an error because the game is trying to check some server, but the game keeps going until the I got the confirm page and even though A works for my confirm, I can not move the cursor down to the continue button at all. Which means I can't play the game.

Now if I turn my normal DNS on, it tells me in game that I need to restart & update the game. Gives me a later & restart options, but later just keeps bring up that screen.

Any work around for that? If not, you might need to make a note about the Doom game since it doesn't run from the cartridge without updating it anymore.

I'm on 4.1 firmware.

Doom is a really nasty One when not updated! There are treads all over the internet aboug it. This is the frozen cursor glitch. You need to shut down your switch. (Really by holding power and chose shit down)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can mario odyse work on 1.0.0 or it needs higher.
didnt find it in the post

Then my sir, you need glasses!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: