Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Supercard DS Onei works natively with both Ysmenu and DSTT menu
cdgbh.png
dfgh.png

Pretty standard set up, just requires a special boot file and then rename the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds, then patch the ttmenu.nds or YSmenu.nds with the Supercard DLDI which is provided in the _dsone folder under the name dldi.dldi , then rename the patched file to TTMenu.Dat and rename scfw.sc to anything if you don't want that to be your primary firmware.
Unless you want EOS, then you just don't download the boot file and leave as is.

http://eng.supercard.sc/

The Boot file needed
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=10515
Hey Cat, could you please upload the ys files and send my a link. I'm doing everything listed but I'm not getting anywhere. My ys is stuck on loading a roms. I think if I look at the files already set up I can figure out whats going wrong.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Supercard DS Onei works natively with both Ysmenu and DSTT menu
cdgbh.png
dfgh.png

Pretty standard set up, just requires a special boot file and then rename the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds, then patch the ttmenu.nds or YSmenu.nds with the Supercard DLDI which is provided in the _dsone folder under the name dldi.dldi , then rename the patched file to TTMenu.Dat and rename scfw.sc to anything if you don't want that to be your primary firmware.
Unless you want EOS, then you just don't download the boot file and leave as is.

http://eng.supercard.sc/

The Boot file needed
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=10515
Hey Cat, could you please upload the ys files and send my a link. I'm doing everything listed but I'm not getting anywhere. My ys is stuck on loading a roms. I think if I look at the files already set up I can figure out whats going wrong.
I won't send YSmenu,
But if you use this
http://filetrip.net/f10973-Mini-YSMenu-Gen...or-0-4-0-4.html
Then just set it DSTT defult menu, that will work as well. You do not need to dldi the YSmenu.nds, just rename it to ttmenu,dat

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bitonio6 said:
i never understood why people need or like multi-boot?!

Choose one and go...
It's something to tinker with. You might need it if a game fix comes out for one os before another and on some cards you have no alternative to muliboot. I hope that helps

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This information is not correct.

R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution - www.r4igold.cn - > Just have to rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL

I have the card and it boots TTMenu.dat renaming it to R4i.dat

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pliskron said:
bitonio6 said:
i never understood why people need or like multi-boot?!

Choose one and go...
It's something to tinker with. You might need it if a game fix comes out for one os before another and on some cards you have no alternative to muliboot. I hope that helps

I think it exist enough game on nintendo ds to wait for a fix
lecture.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's another category of cards that you might want to include. Cards that haven't had YSMenu adapted, cant use TTMenu, but still use the infolib updates. R4i Upgrade Forever RTS The http://www.r4ids.cc comes to mind. This card uses a modified TTMenu with RTS and RTG. There was also the U2 DS that used YSMenu but the files had to be renamed to use updates.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...can't seem to get YSMenu working with retro's files and the renaming of "TTMenu.dat" to "R4.dat"

The clone is "R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS" with firmware v1.29b from "WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM"

Maybe it just doesn't work with the card? But the first post made me think otherwise....maybe not. Meh.
ohnoes.png

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Domain said:
R4igold.cn needs the TTMenu.dat to be renamed to R4i.dat, not iLL.iLL
Moquedami said:
This information is not correct.

R4i Gold Upgrade Revolution - www.r4igold.cn - > Just have to rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL

I have the card and it boots TTMenu.dat renaming it to R4i.dat
Dartz150 said:
Works natively
smile.gif
:
R4 Deluxe ( www.r4deluxe.com [dead already] ) so I will put a Link with the Original Kernel: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lvwf7q + screenshot of the system structure files:

Hope this helps!
QUOTE(Pliskron @ Dec 4 2010, 12:20 AM) There's another category of cards that you might want to include. Cards that haven't had YSMenu adapted, cant use TTMenu, but still use the infolib updates. R4i Upgrade Forever RTS The http://www.r4ids.cc comes to mind. This card uses a modified TTMenu with RTS and RTG. There was also the U2 DS that used YSMenu but the files had to be renamed to use updates.

QUOTE(The Viztard @ Dec 4 2010, 02:55 AM)
Hmm...can't seem to get YSMenu working with retro's files and the renaming of "TTMenu.dat" to "R4.dat"

The clone is "R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS" with firmware v1.29b from "WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM"

Maybe it just doesn't work with the card? But the first post made me think otherwise....maybe not. Meh.
ohnoes.png

For all of you : I am actually downloading the www.r4igold.cn and V1.29b WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM kernels again. I will have a look on it tomorrow morning as I am like dead ATM (well, drunk/drowsy would be a better word). But you are right I may have done a mistake as I had lots kernels in hands this afternoon...
About R4 RTS cards and kernels, I am actually not doing anything about it unless people give me few informations beacause I cannot test these kernels with my cards.
I will add R4 Deluxe and few other kernels tomorrow aswell!

Night
smile.gif
(5A.M here..)

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was faster than I thought to download so I already had a look on the files I downloaded from http://www.r4igold.cn/downloade.asp.
There is R4-i English v1.4.1 Date:[2010-11-23] (name of the archive : ENG.rar) and I still got a iLL.iL file in there.
Also, this kernel can be use with few other cards as mine (like mentionned in the top head topic) so I am not modifying the line relative to this card+website link.

You should have messed up with something on your side guys :/

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying... with a R4isdhc from r4isdhc.com...

The ysmenu boots but when it loads game:
Dldi not supported.

Chage ttmenu.dat for r4.dat
Boots screen: "menu?"

mmm I think that it is necessary to patch... ttmenu.nds or something -_-

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xuliko said:
I have been trying... with a R4isdhc from r4isdhc.com...

The ysmenu boots but when it loads game:
Dldi not supported.

Chage ttmenu.dat for r4.dat
Boots screen: "menu?"

mmm I think that it is necessary to patch... ttmenu.nds or something -_-

Which card and kernel did you use?
http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/
Did you try using the DLDI fix (place it on root of the micro SD card)?

And please, I would like to gain some time doing this huge work so give me some screenshots (see the first page for example) so I would not have to download 3Gb of data...

Edit :
Added R4 Deluxe - www.r4deluxe.com, thank you Dartz150
smile.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Viztard said:

ohnoes.png

My mistake!!!
It is one of the crappy fake DSTT kernel where you got map.bin = extinfo.dat + ?, and the loader (usually R4.dat but it can be R4i.TP on some aswell), getting other DSTT files data mixed inside. We were discussing about it on my tutorial topic, someone wanted to work a bit on that to decrypt the files but no news from days...

So, for these kernels, you might use only dual boot method unless someone found the solution to use YSMenu/TTMenu natively on them.
I have corrected the list.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i dont understand why you show all the "system structure" picture?!

It is not necessary at all... no?

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bitonio6 said:
i dont understand why you show all the "system structure" picture?!

It is not necessary at all... no?

Of course it is usefull, because lots of website has got different kernel version for different card but the name of the card + the website on the card would be the same. It is better to use that instead of the kernel version, because that one would have to be change on each update.
Also, it shows everybody how many clones DSTT has got, and which one are clones of clones. You may see that there are few which come from the same "team" but they used 5-6 or more different websites with different PCB cards just to make the R4 and DSTT scene a real mess...
Moreover, these screenshots could interest someone for any project (like sort of DSTT WOOD
biggrin.gif
?).
For fakes/clones, when you can see files getting exactly the same size than other few, you can be pretty sure they got exactly the same data inside.
This means, schematically, if someone creates a new kernel for DSTT + clones, it would just have to test the loader name the firmware of the card is looking for to boot : R4i.TP, R4.dat, iLL.iL, R4.TP, ... Don't know if it is clear :x

But the most important remain people could find a kernel matching theirs, so they could use it. It is a lot helpfull for some person who does not have updates anymore from their constructor websites. In the same way, you can use files from different kernel so you could mix a bit to get yours working again with new updates.

Whatever, I find it interesting...
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.