Hacking [LIST] Cards which can use YSMenu/DSTT

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks for looking into that Calamity.
smile.gif

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
CalamityDjenn said:
bitonio6 said:
i dont understand why you show all the "system structure" picture?!

It is not necessary at all... no?

Of course it is usefull, because lots of website has got different kernel version for different card but the name of the card + the website on the card would be the same. It is better to use that instead of the kernel version, because that one would have to be change on each update.
Also, it shows everybody how many clones DSTT has got, and which one are clones of clones. You may see that there are few which come from the same "team" but they used 5-6 or more different websites with different PCB cards just to make the R4 and DSTT scene a real mess...
Moreover, these screenshots could interest someone for any project (like sort of DSTT WOOD
biggrin.gif
?).
For fakes/clones, when you can see files getting exactly the same size than other few, you can be pretty sure they got exactly the same data inside.
This means, schematically, if someone creates a new kernel for DSTT + clones, it would just have to test the loader name the firmware of the card is looking for to boot : R4i.TP, R4.dat, iLL.iL, R4.TP, ... Don't know if it is clear :x

But the most important remain people could find a kernel matching theirs, so they could use it. It is a lot helpfull for some person who does not have updates anymore from their constructor websites. In the same way, you can use files from different kernel so you could mix a bit to get yours working again with new updates.

Whatever, I find it interesting...
biggrin.gif

But finaly, people who have R4 clone or fakes,
can only try two things...

One = put the DSTT kernel and just rename TTMENU.DAT by something else
Two = put the DSTT kernel and start it like a nds game with TTMENU.NDS

and it think it is not to complicated to try it, no?

So, i understand what you think about these pictures,
but it will creat more confusion than help people !

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bitonio6 said:
CalamityDjenn said:
bitonio6 said:
i dont understand why you show all the "system structure" picture?!

It is not necessary at all... no?
Blahblahblah

But finaly, people who have R4 clone or fakes,
can only try two things...

One = put the DSTT kernel and just rename TTMENU.DAT by something else
Two = put the DSTT kernel and start it like a nds game with TTMENU.NDS

and it think it is not to complicated to try it, no?

So, i understand what you think about these pictures,
but it will creat more confusion than help people !

Well, I wanted to add kernels which did not work with one of these two methods lately and still put some screenshots of the system architecture, so people could easily figure out if theirs work or do not work. Also, we could have someone coming and say :

"Hey! I have an R4i lolz SDHC56 v489.21 with grey and pink flowers on the PCB and my system files are the same than R4 Super fake triple I SDHC_v34.178!!! I got a solution for you to run YSMenu on it!"

That is how all this thing started : I saw that my kernel was the same than few others and I had an easy solution about how to run YSMenu or TTDS on it. So, I made a tutorial, and then I thought : "hey, what about others!" so here we are
smile.gif

With screenshots, you donnot have to do a lot of researches and download so many files, you just get what you need and I really think this was missing from http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Oh, and if these two methods don't work, you could try the DLDI patch method as well, or found another one
wink.gif

I could try to give you an example about why it can be usefull to use a screenshots database :

QUOTE(The Viztard @ Dec 4 2010, 02:55 AM)
Hmm...can't seem to get YSMenu working with retro's files and the renaming of "TTMenu.dat" to "R4.dat"
The clone is "R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS" with firmware v1.29b from "WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM"
Maybe it just doesn't work with the card? But the first post made me think otherwise....maybe not. Meh.
ohnoes.png
The kernel Viztard talked about is a really anoying one because it is a DSTT clone of clone.
These initial clones like www.ndsill.net for example, are just 1:1 DSTT with files renamed, nothing change in the data.
This www.r4i-sdhc.com card is a clone of these clones and have got same kind of structure BUT the developers found funny and fantastic to mix TTMenu.dat with R4patch.dat or R4DLDI.dat for example.
So, the card is looking for these instructions to boot and will not if you only got TTMenu.dat data inside the R4.dat file...
Same with map.bin, it is extinfo.dat + other data inside. If we found how they did this F thing, people could use YSMenu natively on that kernel.
If you continue in the history, you got clones of this clone(of clones), using the same kind of bootloader + map.bin but the data are a little different. Here, you can replace map.bin with extinfo.dat without doing anything else except renaming the file map.bin (or whatever its name).
And then, you got clones of this www.r4i-sdhc.com 's clone (are you still there ...?) using the same kind of structure with different names (again...) AND YSMenu "natively" (it is just an autoboot for YSMenu)...
So, we might find a solution soon, thanks to the system architecture + kernels data study
tongue.gif

Domain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, my R4i cart is outdated and uses R4i.dat with no Ill.il files.
tongue.gif

My mistake. Haven't looked at the official firmware in a while and put off updating due to the TT updates.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country

felipe9525

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a _SYSTEM_ structure firmware. And how can I use YsMenu with it?
My flash card is Super R4i, Web Site: http://www.super4i.com/
I know, it hasn't been updated for a long time but still play games like Pokémon Soul Silver but not the ''newest'' ones.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
CalamityDjenn said:
xuliko said:
I have been trying... with a R4isdhc from r4isdhc.com...

The ysmenu boots but when it loads game:
Dldi not supported.

Chage ttmenu.dat for r4.dat
Boots screen: "menu?"

mmm I think that it is necessary to patch... ttmenu.nds or something -_-

Which card and kernel did you use?
http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/
Did you try using the DLDI fix (place it on root of the micro SD card)?

And please, I would like to gain some time doing this huge work so give me some screenshots (see the first page for example) so I would not have to download 3Gb of data...

Edit :
Added R4 Deluxe - www.r4deluxe.com, thank you Dartz150
smile.gif

Mmm... Sorry but I have been busy all this time...
I tried the DLDI FIX...
Didn't boot DLDI not supported...
But booted Black screen when loads game -_-
Mmm... I think that there isn't solution... for this card...

mathyuowns

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
xuliko said:
CalamityDjenn said:
xuliko said:
I have been trying... with a R4isdhc from r4isdhc.com...

The ysmenu boots but when it loads game:
Dldi not supported.

Chage ttmenu.dat for r4.dat
Boots screen: "menu?"

mmm I think that it is necessary to patch... ttmenu.nds or something -_-

Which card and kernel did you use?
http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/
Did you try using the DLDI fix (place it on root of the micro SD card)?

And please, I would like to gain some time doing this huge work so give me some screenshots (see the first page for example) so I would not have to download 3Gb of data...

Edit :
Added R4 Deluxe - www.r4deluxe.com, thank you Dartz150
smile.gif

Mmm... Sorry but I have been busy all this time...
I tried the DLDI FIX...
Didn't boot DLDI not supported...
But booted Black screen when loads game -_-
Mmm... I think that there isn't solution... for this card...

I have the same problem as you.
Maybe we need something else?

I'm using this kernel: http://www.r4sdhc.com/r4sdhc.asp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over