ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the sd card as listed by mount:
Code:
/dev/sdb1 on /run/media/marek/GATEWAYNAND type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=100,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,showexec,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)
As I thought... I don't think that that "/run/" should be there. The program will only look in /media/username/.
You can fix it quickly by creating a symbolic link:
Code:
sudo ln -s /run/media /media

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I thought... I don't think that that "/run/" should be there. The program will only look in /media/username/.
You can fix it quickly by creating a symbolic link:
Code:
sudo ln -s /run/media /media

Thanks for the quick reply, after googling myself it looks like mounting to /run/ is a UDisks2 thing, which had annoyed a great deal of people. :)
Was discussed here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1095614#p1095614
I will change that behavior so it will mount to /media instead of /run/media.
For anybody else encountering this and running archlinux, here is how to change this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udisks#Mount_to_.2Fmedia_.28udisks2.29

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the quick reply, after googling myself it looks like mounting to /run/ is a UDisks2 thing, which had annoyed a great deal of people. :)
Was discussed here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1095614#p1095614
I will change that behavior so it will mount to /media instead of /run/media.
For anybody else encountering this and running archlinux, here is how to change this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udisks#Mount_to_.2Fmedia_.28udisks2.29
If that's the case, I may consider adding support for that directory in the future ;)

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If that's the case, I may consider adding support for that directory in the future ;)
Do you have a different uhelper in the mount list when you mount a SD card and what linux are you running?
I guess if this /run/media behavior was strictly bound to udisks2 then it should be easy to check for it and accomodate for the /run/ in the mounting path. But if other linux OS use udisks2 as well and still mount to /media, it would be more difficult to differentiate...
Maybe something simple like checking if the file paths for either /run/media or simply /media exist could do the trick?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you have a different uhelper in the mount list when you mount a SD card and what linux are you running?
I guess if this /run/media behavior was strictly bound to udisks2 then it should be easy to check for it and accomodate for the /run/ in the mounting path. But if other linux OS use udisks2 as well and still mount to /media, it would be more difficult to differentiate...
I'm using Ubuntu 15.10 and it mounts it in /media/username. I don't know which version it uses...
Maybe something simple like checking if the file paths for either /run/media or simply /media exist could do the trick?
I came up with something like that ;)

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using Ubuntu 15.10 and it mounts it in /media/username. I don't know which version it uses...

I came up with something like that ;)
the last entry in the mount list is the uhelper, in my entry for example it says uhelper=udisks2.

Thank you for your time and your app, now that I have created the /media folder myself and changed udisks2's behavior to mount to it, your tool works beautifully.
I backed up my emunand and wrote it back to the SD card, no problems at all. :)

Reactions: nastys

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this still work on El Capitan? Mine just beachballs when I click "save" when backing up emunand
I have only tested on Yosemite, since I don't really want to reinstall my hackintosh again from scratch xD
But it should work anyway, as long as you use the latest version (not the experimental one). It's just very slow and doesn't respond until it's complete, but it works...

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I have only tested on Yosemite, since I don't really want to reinstall my hackintosh again from scratch xD
But it should work anyway, as long as you use the latest version (not the experimental one). It's just very slow and doesn't respond until it's complete, but it works...
Alright, I let it sit for 20 minutes but I guess it takes longer :P

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cheers! yeah I only ask because I heard/read somewhere that emuNANDs beyond 9.5 were difficult to back up for whatever reason so I'm just double checking that I can still use this if I've updated
Really? Then I don't really know...
You should backup your entire SD card using Disks or Disk Utility just in case ;)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OS X version released! Please check the first post :)

BTW: GNU dd is much faster than the dd included in OS X.
I can't help it but recommend using a GNU/Linux based OS, such as Ubuntu, if you can.
But if you can't, don't worry: I care about users (unlike AirDroid), so I'll support the OS X version anyway ;)
OS X version released! Please check the first post :)

BTW: GNU dd is much faster than the dd included in OS X.
I can't help it but recommend using a GNU/Linux based OS, such as Ubuntu, if you can.
But if you can't, don't worry: I care about users (unlike AirDroid), so I'll support the OS X version anyway ;)

Congratulations! I am MAC user.. Can I ask you a question ? Is there a way you can make this program for decrypted the encryption rooms without using the 3DS ? Out of curiosity. Many programmers like you should make for MAC users too. Congratulations again.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Congratulations! I am MAC user.. Can I ask you a question ? Is there a way you can make this program for decrypted the encryption rooms without using the 3DS ? Out of curiosity. Many programmers like you should make for MAC users too. Congratulations again.
no not possible.
we need a 3ds to decrypt things, unless you find some xorpads online for exactly the things you want etc

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello this will help me to get a full copy of the sd? (i have a error with the 'patition of the games' on my 3ds but everything work), i have RXTools installed with NANDS Unlinkeds and i want to do all from 0 for get that 3ds working again with games :3

Anyone could help me, pls?

nastys

ナースティス
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello this will help me to get a full copy of the sd? (i have a error with the 'patition of the games' on my 3ds but everything work), i have RXTools installed with NANDS Unlinkeds and i want to do all from 0 for get that 3ds working again with games :3

Anyone could help me, pls?
You could just copy everything to your PC, format the FAT32 partition and copy everything back. You can use Disks/the Disk Utility to clone the entire SD to a file, in case something goes wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...