Hacking Limit to how many ROMS you can run on an R4i3DS Gold?

DannyDtruthSolsm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit to how many games you can put in your games folder when you run a R4i3DS Gold on a 3DS? I tried to look at my folder full of games and it wouldn't load, but my folder with one or two games works fine. Thanks!

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a limit to how many games you can put in your games folder when you run a R4i3DS Gold on a 3DS? I tried to look at my folder full of games and it wouldn't load, but my folder with one or two games works fine. Thanks!

The limit would be the size of your flash cards memory card,
4GB would hold far less then 16 or 32.
I use 8GB and it holds more games then I could hope to play in awhile so i dont suggest going to get a 32.
By the time you play it all on a 16gb, you could easily just change some out for new ones and save a few bucks.

Having said that, a folder with 196 roms in it that is just 10.9GB in size.... thats it. Uncompressed.

The thing to watch for is the class. Class 4 or better SHDC cards only.
I have
2GB class 2
2GB class 4
4GB (unmarked but its cheap and likely a class 2)
8GB class 4
32GB class 10 (use this one in my A500)

all cards are fine except the class 2 lags like a b8&% and the 4GB generic does too (which i think is a class 1 or 2 as well)

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The upper limits for flash carts tend to be in the 250+ range, so people usually just put games into alphabetical folders. Makes them a lot easier to find too.
That sounds like the limit would probably be 256 files per folder on a lot of cards. Why on earth even a pirate would need that many ROMs is beyond me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc