Hacking Lightscrive Dvds - Ok To Burn Wii Games On?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to buy up a 50 stack of verbatim lightscribe dvds and 50 cds for burning since my handwriting sucks and this would make my discs look nicer, but i'm not sure if the games would burn well like this. Has ANYONE had any problems burning lightscribe dvd backups?

Also, i want to burn a bunch of psx and saturn games on lightscribe, same question.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure but I know the discs without the label part work so with the label it shouldn't cause any problems. Someone else might have more experience/knowledge with these.

I have a black marker so I'm good.
smile.gif

Ronstar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you use a back-up loader disc, can you just use a burned backup on a normal dvd and boot that on the wii?
There's no crazy burning techniques or special dual layer dvds necessary?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ronstar said:
If you use a back-up loader disc, can you just use a burned backup on a normal dvd and boot that on the wii?
There's no crazy burning techniques or special dual layer dvds necessary?

If you're asking what I think then any SL DVD-R should work. But then if you get too cheap you will get disk read errors so it's not really worth it.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you might struggle to find Lightscribe CDs (for saturn/psx).

Also, burning the labels is slow and annoying. Buy a sharpie and take your time.

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find them isn't an issue for me, both my local best buys have them. Also ebay.

Looks like it should work on wii at least, only concern is ps2, ps and saturn

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
SenorClean said:

Also, burning the labels is slow and annoying. Buy a sharpie and take your time.

I agree, it's like 25/30 minutes to burn a label, so damn annoying. Lightscribe all my DVD anyway though, lol
I've used Verbatim DVD-R 16x colored and non-colored and never had any issues. The colored Lightscribes turn out so much better then the standard silver lightscribes, the contrast is much better.

-FTen

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ften said:
SenorClean said:

I agree, it's like 25/30 minutes to burn a label, so damn annoying. Lightscribe all my DVD anyway though, lol
I've used Verbatim DVD-R 16x colored and non-colored and never had any issues. The colored Lightscribes turn out so much better then the standard silver lightscribes, the contrast is much better.

-FTen

I haven't really looked into lightscribe but wow that is slow, plus the added cost drives me away but I can see the benefit of nice looking labels. I'll stick with a marker for now.
biggrin.gif

-Unknown-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zerof said:
ften said:
SenorClean said:

-FTen

I haven't really looked into lightscribe but wow that is slow, plus the added cost drives me away but I can see the benefit of nice looking labels. I'll stick with a marker for now.
biggrin.gif
I only bought them because they were on special (25 for $9.99) and I needed DVD-Rs since my DVD+Rs weren't reading in the Wii. I then tried to print (burn?) the label on them and they came out quite nicely. I definitely wouldn't do it for all my discs but since I only have 5-6 Wii games, it wasn't so bad.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive used lightsribes as well, they work( but for wii games i prefer just using a sharpie, so much faster and easier)

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wingzrow said:
Well i was talking specifically verbatim. HP isn't the best brand to be burning games on.

Really, i have a handfull of games burned on HP dvd's and they work perfect, patched and non patched burned at 16x

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use HP DVD-R lightscribe for all my wii burns, all have worked flawlessly, never 1 bad burn. all burnt @ 16X

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
just a note about psx burns to the auther of the thread...Burn them at LOW write speeds or you will get anything from lagged or messed up audio/video to games that just yeild a disc error so be sure to google for a Tutorial on whatever specific console you intend on creating said backup for
smile.gif
saves ya some time and money just google-ing for a bit friend
smile.gif
Best of luck!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
just a note about psx burns to the auther of the thread...Burn them at LOW write speeds or you will get anything from lagged or messed up audio/video to games that just yeild a disc error so be sure to google for a Tutorial on whatever specific console you intend on creating said backup for
smile.gif
saves ya some time and money just google-ing for a bit friend
smile.gif
Best of luck!
yeah psx backups don't like 52x speeds burn at half speed or lower, also you can get verbatim cd-r pretty cheap if you got a Big Lots near by they sell the 30 packs for like $5.
i was able it back up all my psx games in one go.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Verbatim DVD+R Lightscribe I had problems with. But think I needed to do the book type thing.

Verbatim DVD-R Ligthscribe absolutely no problems what so ever. I've got about 12 of them burnt and lightscribe printed
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1