Light Crusader, Alien Soldier and Super Fantasy Zone available now on Nintendo Switch Online

Nintendo has revealed three new Sega Genesis titles coming to its Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. Two of the games, Light Crusader and Alien Soldier, are action-adventure games released by developer Treasure in 1995. The third, Super Fantasy Zone, is a shoot 'em up released in 1992 by Sunsoft. All three titles have been previously available on the Wii's VIrtual Console service and on the Sega Genesis Mini, though not all titles were available in every region.

NotEthanHobbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games present on VC and Genesis Mini. Ok, some people didn't get them, but they could diversify a bit. There's a lot of games that could and should be revisited.
Like Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Luckily, Sonic Origins is coming out soon so it's version might get backported to mobile and be released alongside the original Genesis version on NSO.

This is Sega, though. And that’s probably not gonna happen. :(

On the topic of Sonic, how come Sonic 1 isn't on NSO? That seems like a shoe-in title to me.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh, why are you even talking about this then? these games are from the 90s. we're not getting NES games or some shit

Anything before the 90's is ESPECIALLY tough for me to play now. There. Do you feel better now? You 100% understood what I was wanting to say. No need for pretend nit picking just to raise your post count.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember super fantasy zone and light crusader. I love shmup games, even though I'm not very good at them. light crusader is a zelda clone, or rather since it's isomorphic style, it's more like landstalker (also a genesis game).

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alien Soldier is monster. I hope newcomers aren't overwhelmed and demoralised by the apparent absurd difficulty. Two tips: Dashing = invincibility, double-tapping attack is a melee action which converts enemy projectiles into health pick-ups.
Is there a way to switch to PAL ROMs/speed on the Switch Online service? I was messing around with Contra Hard Corps on a whim and that game seemed more manageable to me on the slower PAL speed. Maybe other players would find it useful too.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to switch to PAL ROMs/speed on the Switch Online service? I was messing around with Contra Hard Corps on a whim and that game seemed more manageable to me on the slower PAL speed. Maybe other players would find it useful too.

I don't know.

Unlike Contra Hard Corps, Alien Soldier was 60hz optimised for the PAL release (it literally glitches out at NTSC speed) so in this case it probably won't really make a difference. The PAL version does include slo-mo options upon pausing the game though.

NotEthanHobbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try making a European Switch account? You can play Super/Famicom games with a Japanese account so maybe European will let you play PAL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny