Life is Strange Remastered Collection delayed to 2022, Switch release of True Colors also delayed

capsule_616x353.jpg

According to a Tweet from the official Life is Strange Twitter account, the remastered version of the first two Life is Strange games has been delayed to early next year. Originally set to release on September 10, alongside the newest title in the series, Life is Strange: True Colors, the remasters have apparently been delayed due to complications from Coronavirus and having to work remotely. Additionally, the Switch version of True Colors has also been delayed. While it is still expected in 2021, it will not release on September 10 alongside the PlayStation, Xbox, Steam and Stadia versions.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this starts happening with more titles then Nintendo's decision to only upgrade the screen could backfire badly.

I blame the leaks and rumors. I know that Nintendo is known for releasing countless console upgrades and whatnot, but the leakers really tried to push them off the ledge with the alleged "N̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶o̶ ̶S̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶ New Nintendo Switch" rumors which is something that the fans actually wanted. When the OLED model was announced, Nintendo had to take to Twitter to address the situation regarding the rumors which really put them in a bad place.

Sure, the screen and capacity upgrade are nice for most people, but the latter majority were looking forward for a stronger hardware/software upgrade which is something that the Switch desperately needs if it were to compete with the other consoles along the way.

Reactions: Pipistrele

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this starts happening with more titles then Nintendo's decision to only upgrade the screen could backfire badly.
In what possible way? They have sold 89 million switch consoles and its currently the 7th best selling console of all time. They have zero need to bring out a more powerful console when the Switch is still selling in huge numbers.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In what possible way? They have sold 89 million switch consoles and its currently the 7th best selling console of all time. They have zero need to bring out a more powerful console when the Switch is still selling in huge numbers.
Those numbers are nothing more than a nice statistic, they don't do anything for profits going forward. If the difficulty of optimising Switch ports for big games keeps causing delays then that is likely to affect their bottom line.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those numbers are nothing more than a nice statistic, they don't do anything for profits going forward. If the difficulty of optimising Switch ports for big games keeps causing delays then that is likely to affect their bottom line.
The thing is Nintendo are rather well off financially at the moment they really won't be worried about sales dropping and when they do start to drop then I guarantee you we will hear them announce an upgraded switch at that point.

Just so everyone knows how well off Nintendo currently are they are spending 900 million dollars to buy back their own shares.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._to_usd900_million_to_buy_back_its_own_shares

Reactions: Pipistrele

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is Nintendo are rather well off financially at the moment they really won't be worried about sales dropping and when they do start to drop then I guarantee you we will hear them announce an upgraded switch at that point.
No doubt they are doing very well, but I just find it hard to believe they would sit back and wait for things to begin to slide before doing anything. It seems like thinking ahead would be the better financial move.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt they are doing very well, but I just find it hard to believe they would sit back and wait for things to begin to slide before doing anything. It seems like thinking ahead would be the better financial move.
Thats what I'm kinda trying to say though they have no reason to bring out a more powerful switch when the OG version is still selling in huge numbers. They will probably have the upgraded version finished and they will just be waiting for sales to start to dip before they show the new version to the world.

Look at it this way what if they announced a new upgraded switch today and discontinued the OG version. Then the Switch Pro for whatever reason is a huge failure they just killed off a successful and still selling console for a failed upgraded version. Makes more sense to wait for people to stop buying the OG Switch before announcing an upgrade.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats what I'm kinda trying to say though they have no reason to bring out a more powerful switch when the OG version is still selling in huge numbers. They will probably have the upgraded version finished and they will just be waiting for sales to start to dip before they show the new version to the world.

Look at it this way what if they announced a new upgraded switch today and discontinued the OG version. Then the Switch Pro for whatever reason is a huge failure they just killed off a successful and still selling console for a failed upgraded version. Makes more sense to wait for people to stop buying the Switch before announcing an upgrade.
I hope they are also watching the games and not just the consoles though. In this specific example, I wanted this game and will end up buying it for a different platform instead of the Switch now due to the delay. If the delay is due to optimisation on less powerful hardware then it's something that should be concerning for Nintendo.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I bet these stupid fuckers don't even change anything for the better either. Remember when breath of the wild kept getting delayed over and over again saying they were tightening up textures? Well it still looks like a smeary mess. What a joke.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Not that underpowered hardware or lack/delay of ports ever stopped Nintendo from dominating their niches. I do agree that some sort of gen upgrade should (and most likely would) be in order in the next 1.5-3 years, but as of now, they can easily coast on high-profile exclusives + popular indies for the next multiple seasons. Not to say a new Ninty console wouldn't be neato, but people really overeblow its urgency in my opinion.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I hope they are also watching the games and not just the consoles though. In this specific example, I wanted this game and will end up buying it for a different platform instead of the Switch now due to the delay. If the delay is due to optimisation on less powerful hardware then it's something that should be concerning for Nintendo.
even if they did the pro version they wouldt want devs to do pro only games... you dont see pro only ps4 games or one x only xbox games do you? that would probably hurt nintendo more than not releasing since fans would be pissed if most third partys dont want to work on optimizing the game on original switch and just went the lazy way and made them all pro only.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
They said they were adding actual mocap to the game. The trailers definitely did not look like such. I could easily see why it got delayed. Idk. I'm fine with it, because Life is Strange deserves the extra time to have a nice definitive edition, not a slightly higher res version for an upcharge.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you have discovered how nextgen is working. Bravo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: