Hogwarts Legacy Switch port gets delayed even further

header.jpg

Hogwarts Legacy has seen its third delay, at least, when it comes to the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Originally due out in late 2022, then pushed back to July 25th, Warner Bros. Games has given the port yet another delay, this time to November 14th. The game is already available on all other platforms, including the also delayed last-gen ports on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which finally came out last week.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't really expect this game to even be a full port, it's highly gonna be released as a cloud version or just a broken game. Cause they didn't even know an answer to a question someone asked on Twitter if it's a cloud port or not, than this..this feels bitter to be honest.

I really am hoping for 10.01 firmware of ps4 gets jailbroken soon man..I really wanna play some ps4 games plus I will be able to play the game without having my laptop die with the graphics exploding...sigh...

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of trying to port it they should have just made an original version for the switch, as how companies did in the Wii days where the Wii got it own custom version that took advantage of ita strength, advantage of that is it runs well and people that own multiple systems would buy both versions as they are different games. Then maybe offer the current gen version as a cloud option so that switch owners could still play that version instead of a crippled down version and have their own special version.
Yeah, it would be nice if they did make unique versions of certain games for Switch (like how Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition was made for mobile devices, and later ported to Switch and such, as a lighter/abridged version of FFXV that isn't as taxing on weaker hardware). Especially if they do like with the Wii and develop the unique version to include an option that properly utilizes the motion controls (not sure if Hogwarts Legacy has the kind of gameplay that would enjoy that, but it's an idea). Would potentially allow for games that are a lot more optimized for the Switch, and even take advantage of gyro controls in games that would work with that.

The problem is that creating custom versions of games requires additional dev work, and given the recent state of some AAA games, I would not be surprised if a good number of AAA devs (and even AA and indie ones) would be adverse to it without something to indicate that the additional work would see returns. Or are provided an official collab idea, like Cadence of Hyrule, to draw interest from a pre-existing audience.

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will not be the same game that was released on PC & other consoles. Will be comparable to how developers made specific (completely different) versions of games for Nintendo consoles/portables in the past. If it is the same game as PC & other consoles, resolution will be something like 480p, frame rate will be less than 30, will use FSR 2.0 & will have lots of content removed.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I honestly think this will get canned. It already ran kind of poorly on PC. How would this old hardware even pull it off without looking like smeared vasolin?

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

R9HAX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why having a steam deck is worth it.
Except for the bug i am having where if I dont turn on offline mode before I leave my house the game freezes

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Oh no... now you have to play it properly in a PS5 or XBOX Series X!
:ohnoes:
Not sad for me but sad for people that waited, care or only have a switch though. I can careless about Harry but the weird thing is sometimes they didn't care about framerates back in the day of SNES/Genesis having games run at 12fps and dipping into single digits, people (i guess) enjoyed them then so why do devs now care? Is the tolerance have changed? I am curious

SparkyX1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sad for me but sad for people that waited, care or only have a switch though. I can careless about Harry but the weird thing is sometimes they didn't care about framerates back in the day of SNES/Genesis having games run at 12fps and dipping into single digits, people (i guess) enjoyed them then so why do devs now care? Is the tolerance have changed? I am curious
If you intentionally create a disproportionate experience in a game, either compared to rival software or hardware, you are automatically labelling it as not worth the time, effort, or money. If a modern movie didn't include voice, would it still be enjoyable? Maybe, maybe not. Movies were enjoyed before talkies, and still-frame photos before that. People expect more over time, regardless of what they have been exposed to previously. It's all about the status quo of current technology.

Reactions: Fusion

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I
If you intentionally create a disproportionate experience in a game, either compared to rival software or hardware, you are automatically labelling it as not worth the time, effort, or money. If a modern movie didn't include voice, would it still be enjoyable? Maybe, maybe not. Movies were enjoyed before talkies, and still-frame photos before that. People expect more over time, regardless of what they have been exposed to previously. It's all about the status quo of current technology.
I guess so but in this example it won't be intentional, it will be just on a underpowered system so they did the best they could just like those SNES/Genesis games.
So this just comes down to the different times of tolerance, people might enjoy still playing but the majority will be turned off. 🤔

Thanks for the conversation of showing me another view 😊

Reactions: SparkyX1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1