LG scraps its smartphone business as losses mount

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have not kept up with LG for years at this point. Were they the last of the good ones or just trend chasers that also decided no SD card, no headphone port, I would say easy to swap battery but there are some limits to my optimism, all the OEM junk installed they like, and generally being anti consumer was the way forward?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Shame, LG really tried to innovate in a stale industry. Anyone could see this coming though, they made weird quirky phones that were near flagship price that not many people really wanted. I guess it shows the standard blueprint for phones is what people want, not weird designs. I was almost tempted to get the LG Wing myself though.

MetallicKaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never had an LG phone, but I remember them having quite a few cross-promotion special edition models for movies, games and anime (think the last one was a Star Wars phone?). I'm surprised they went down.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly, LG's marketing kind of sucked and they were constantly producing phones with just the most random as fuck names. Back when I was still working wireless sales, understanding and trying to sell LG phones wasn't very fun. Especially when you compare them to Samsung and Apple products, which had more cohesive marketing/naming for their products.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Nooooooo.

One of the best gone.

Forget Samsung. Forget Huawei.

These guys had guts.

Have not kept up with LG for years at this point. Were they the last of the good ones or just trend chasers that also decided no SD card, no headphone port, I would say easy to swap battery but there are some limits to my optimism, all the OEM junk installed they like, and generally being anti consumer was the way forward?

Not only that.
They were also pretty much the most innovative ones.

Good thing I stopped using Smartphones after my V10 (and before hat G3) bit the dust.

They'll definitively be missed.
(By those with an eye for quality)

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-