EVGA is cutting ties with NVIDIA, will no longer make graphics cards

16192311269l.jpg

EVGA, one of the most well-known brands in terms of computer graphics cards, is exiting the market. After a long partnership with NVIDIA, EVGA will no longer continue to make GPUs with them, nor any of their competitors such as Intel or AMD. This is a major upheaval for both, as 78% of EVGA's entire business is comprised of GPU sales, while EVGA-branded NVIDIA graphics cards represented around 40% of NVIDIA GPUs sold in North America. The news initially broke when two tech industry YouTubers were brought into a meeting with company CEO Andrew Han, in which Han discussed how EVGA was planning on cutting ties with NVIDIA, claiming that NVIDIA wasn't treating their partners well.

Some of these instances included how NVIDIA would not allow its partners to know vital information until the public was informed, that most GPUs are sold at a loss, and most importantly, that EVGA believes NVIDIA is undercutting and undermining them by selling the cheaper "Founders Edition" graphics cards that NVIDIA themselves sell at low cost.

EVGA will continue on as a company by still manufacturing PC peripherals, motherboards, and power supplies, as well as supporting customers who have purchased their current generation graphics cards. For now, employee layoffs are not planned, despite the notable decline in future revenue.

:arrow: Source

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the rumours about Nvidia doing something scummy this upcomming gen were correct. They have announced 2 models of the 4080, a 16GB and a 12GB, which have very different core counts and are $300 apart. In other words, they are selling a 70-class card as a 80 so they can bump up the price from $600 to $900.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspected that after the 4000 series launch that the 3090 would come down in price but nope. I mean yeah if you can snag a deal off of ebay or stockx but otherwise it looks like the price is hovering over $1000 somewhere. I bought a 3090 for $979.99 and am making 0% apr payments on it so under a couple hundred a month, though I can afford to pay it all at once why bother. It should be a decent card especially compared to a 4080. The lowest tier 4080 is pretty bogus imho I hope nobody buys it lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.