Lets Play Magic!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got the stuff, probably start playing tmw. need to make a deck first though =( no idea yet =P also using the champions deck from the deck list in the first post doesn't mean its the best deck out there. find what suits you best, i've taken a liking to a deck from an artifact deck - mirrodin i bought a few years ago. ill see if that ability is still in the newer cards.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure "champions" would be the correct term for Magic-League tourny winners..

Anyways, like I mentioned before, practicing with already existing tier 1 decks is likely the best way to get back into the game, as it familiarizes you with the best cards and strategies in the meta, which helps two-hold (you in future deck building, and in predicting what your opponent will be playing).

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Hey can i pitch in too? haven't played magic for a while now, bit i'm keeping up with all the new cards

I have the MWS updated with everything for a long time now, at what time do you guys play?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
BoneMonkey said:
zarcon you need the followiing

Download and install the Masterbase (This Master base contains all sets up to Shadowmoor with flavor text.)
http://www.slightlymagic.net/download/MasterBase.rar

Download and install the New Theme (These themes contain card borders, mana symbols and set icons up to Shadowmoor.)
http://www.slightlymagic.net/download/NewMagicTheme.rar

dont forget to go into preferences and then turn on your theme

also here is the new shadowmoor set

MWSHQ SHM Fulls 050208.zip (54.63 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzthnimvld4

also you need a standard DECK !

here is a popular standard deck based on red mana called red deck wins

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
16 [SHM] Mountain (1)
4 [MOR] Mutavault

// Creatures
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
4 [PLC] Keldon Marauders
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
4 [MOR] Countryside Crusher

// Spells
4 [10E] Shock
4 [MOR] Shard Volley
4 [10E] Incinerate
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [SHM] Smash to Smithereens
SB: 4 [10E] Cryoclasm
SB: 3 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 4 [TSP] Sulfurous Blast

Wow Sligh.
biggrin.gif
My favorite.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, quick question. When a creature with "Persist" (If this creature has no -1/-1 tokens on it when sent to the graveyard, return it to play with a -1/-1 token) is copied through the effects of another card...if the copy is destroyed, does it have and can it use "Persist"?

[EDIT]

While we're at it, do the "Storm" (Copy this spell for each spell played before it in this turn) count for itself if another card with "Storm" is played afterwards?
IE: I've played 5 spells and then play Grapeshot or something. This would play Grapeshot and 5 copies of it. If I play another Grapeshot card, has there only been 6 spells played before it or 11 (5 copies)?

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2126bo9.jpg

Me and Urza just had a EPIC battle Urza won at the end :-)

@zarcon you can go to the magic forums and ask in the rules section

grapeshot does 1 dmg to target creature or player and has storm

if you played 5 spells you copy it 5 times so i think you do 6 dmg to target creature or player ?

there is no way your doing 6 spells in a turn and if you do its not worth just 6 dmg lol

now if you play another grapeshot it counts all the spells AND the previous grapeshots aswell

i think lol

and yes if you copy a card you get its abilties so that card would have persisit

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
While we're at it, do the "Storm" (Copy this spell for each spell played before it in this turn) count for itself if another card with "Storm" is played afterwards?
IE: I've played 5 spells and then play Grapeshot or something. This would play Grapeshot and 5 copies of it. If I play another Grapeshot card, has there only been 6 spells played before it or 11 (5 copies)?
It only counts the number of spells played. The copies were put into play, not actually played. Therefore they aren't counted.

As far as Persist is concerned, I'm not positive, but I think if you used something that would actually hit the graveyard (like Body Double), then Persist would still resolve and bring it back into play (even as a different creature if you wanted). If its just a token copy, then the token disappears as soon as it dies, therefore Persist has no target and fizzles.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl urza and me are hardcore! lol

can someone explain to me how this card works ?

Pithing Needle

if i put it down and name Tefari's moat will that card be useless :-)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoneMonkey said:
can someone explain to me how this card works ?

Pithing Needle
As Pithing Needle comes into play, name a card.
Activated abilities of sources with the chosen name can't be played unless they're mana abilities.

lecture.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
if i put it down and name Tefari's moat will that card be useless :-)
No, as it only stop activated abilities (which are abilities that you have to pay a cost to use, written like [cost]:[effect]). Triggered abilities, or static abilities (like Moat) will be unaffected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.