OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone ! here's my entry, Legion.

Description : Legion is a top-view 3D shooter set in a post-apocalyptic universe comparable to that of the Fallout series. It is both playable online with 3 other players and offline, as there is a very complete story going through 12 different levels in which you'll be killing bad guys, bosses, driving vehicles...

skins_online.PNG

SCR5o.PNG
SCR8.PNG

SCR20.PNG
SCR29.PNG

Feature list :
- A complete storyline with a very complete background world.
- Humouristic writing with CHAP's random sentences.
- Completely original graphics all made by Lobo.
- Completely original music composed by ZeBlackos.
- 4 difficulty modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, A cup of Tea)
- 3 unlockable weapons.
- 12 full solo maps.
- 8 online maps.
- 4 player online games.
- 3 different online game modes (deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag)
- 13 skins to choose from when playing online.
- Vehicle driving !
- Different solo map objectives and boss fights !
- A particle engine used to render blood.
- A MiniMap on the top screen which shows you your enemies' position in real time and your objectives.
- A compass that helps you find your way.
- A health indicator which shows up when you shoot an enemy.
- A lock on aiming system.
- A website where you can see server status, player stats and other info about the game.

How to play :
Solo :
- D-PAD/ABXY to move
- Stylus to aim
- Double tap stylus on enemy : lock on
- Double tap stylus on Brutus : toggle crouch
- Select to bring up weapon mod menu
- Start to put the game on pause
- R/L to shoot.
- R/L close to an enemy will make Brutus punch him
Online :
- D-PAD/ABXY to move
- Stylus to aim
- Double tap stylus on Brutus : toggle crouch
- Select switch weapons
- Start to disconnect from the server and go back to main menu
- R/L to shoot.

Installation :

Legion/Legion Online needs to be DLDI patched. The rom can be placed anywhere on your card, however, the legion/legiononline directory must be placed at your card's root.

Please Note said:
The online mode for this game has been fully tested with four players without any problems. It is possible that issues will appear because of a high ping. The main server is located in France, so anyone too far away might have trouble playing.
The only way to resolve this is to make your own server in your country.
That is why I have included the windows and linux binaries for Legion Online's server. The server automatically connects to the main listing server which will make your own server visible and accessible to everyone playing the game.

Also, it is recommended that you do not download these binaries from any other website than isawtheassassin.com/smea/Legion/Release/ (or a big website you trus like gbatemp.net, as long as the file has been posted by an admin or something) as they may be altered by ill-intended people.

Lastly, the server runs by default on port 4235. I included a .bat which should show you how to use the server's arguments.

Download :
Legion (Solo) - Final Version
Legion (Online) - Final Version (updated since neoflash, please redownload if you have downloaded it before august 29th, or from an other website as this new version provides essential bug fixes !)

All due credits are in the game itself, but the code was done by myself, Smealum, the graphics and story by Lobo and the music by ZeBlackos.

If you have ANY question regarding the game, don't hesitate to ask !

noda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Nice, nearly posted at the same time as my game
wink.gif

Good luck for Neoflash and this month' bounty! There is some interesting competition this summer, I expect Crocodingus & StillAliveDS to be posted soon too
tongue.gif

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
noda said:
Nice, nearly posted at the same time as my game
wink.gif

Good luck for Neoflash and this month' bounty! There is some interesting competition this summer, I expect Crocodingus & StillAliveDS to be posted soon too
tongue.gif
Thanks ! Good luck to you too, even though I'll need it more than you.
tongue.gif

French FTW !

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Did Costello invite all his buddies to the bounty? xD

Ah, this actually looks pretty awesome for a homebrew. Haven't played it yet (I'm stupid enough to lose a MicroSD card) but the trailer looks delicious. A shame I can't test it out to see how it actually plays.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Tiny update, removed the NeoFlash spalsh screen from the solo game since i just read i was supposed to.

@Law : thanks, I'm sure Lobo will be pleased to hear that you like the graphics.
smile.gif

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty great so far! Some more info on running a server would be nice though, e.g.: changing the name, server variables, etc.

So... anyone want to play?
biggrin.gif
I have a server up.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure ! Running a server is very easy. Here's the command line you need to use :

QUOTE said:
Server.exe Name Map GameMode Port
Now,
Name : has to be a 8 characters long max.
Map : has to be one of these.
GameMode : Has to be a number between 0 and 2 (0 : DeathMatch, 1 : Team Deathmatch, 2 : Capture The Flag)
Port : port on which the server will run. Default is 4235.

Solah

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in love with this game. This game and VideoGamesHero are my two favourite games. I really haven't understood Warcraft and all but these are fun and online.

I am hosting my own server, Is there a way in the near future where the host can select the settings, Like meaning for example; How many sniper/shotgun ammo you get. If random health packs drop. Time. How many flags you need to get then game is done.. and so on
smile.gif

I will be looking forward if this game does get an update because I will download it and recommend.
I recommend this game now, Probably you can compare it to one of the online games at XGen Studios; http://www.xgenstudios.com/ Stick Arena.

Great Work.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Solah said:
I'm in love with this game. This game and VideoGamesHero are my two favourite games. I really haven't understood Warcraft and all but these are fun and online.

I am hosting my own server, Is there a way in the near future where the host can select the settings, Like meaning for example; How many sniper/shotgun ammo you get. If random health packs drop. Time. How many flags you need to get then game is done.. and so on
smile.gif

I will be looking forward if this game does get an update because I will download it and recommend.
I recommend this game now, Probably you can compare it to one of the online games at XGen Studios; http://www.xgenstudios.com/ Stick Arena.

Great Work.
Thanks for the very positive feedback !
smile.gif

Unfortunately, I doubt there will be any advanced server settings in the future. I would be possible, but I consider this project as finished, so I don't think I'll ever go back to it again.
However, my next game, if I do manage to make an online mode for it (a full blown 3D FPS seems to be more complex for some reason
tongue.gif
), will have much more advanced online features. Legion online was made in a week, that's why I couldn't really polish it up.
wink.gif

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Strongbad007 said:
Just wondering,
Do people actually play this game online?
Not really. There have been a number of people who have played online games (you can see here : http://jvteamds.free.fr/Legion/ (the nicknames that appear twice or more or have "???" in their name are using an old version of the game which causes the server to bug...)), but yeah, most of the time the main servers are empty. :/

cakeslob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanna say your game is funny as hell

the most recent laugh out loud was from bobba ganoush and bubba zenetti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users