Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Legend of Kay DS
Release Date: 28th May 2010 [Europe] / 16th June 2010 [USA]

This game is not as good as it was supposed to look after all....

http://www.firehazard-studio.com/index.php?lang=en

Follow this link to see some screenshots of this game.

From the looks of it, the game is a 3D game just like the PS2 version and this game seems to be a portable version of the original, same dialogue and areas.

I might take a look at this, but im kinda more interested in Blue Dragon : Awakened Shadow aswell.
But this game looks a bit more disappointing than i first laid eyes on.....debatable.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giratina3 said:
Legend of Kay DS

Well, we all knew that what they were showing up until this point were screens from the PS2 version, and the fact that they've waited this long to finally reveal what the game looks like is a clear sign they're none too happy with the end result -- either that or they just don't give a rat's ass about the game. Still, if they translated the mechanics well, it could be a fun game. The original had some fun gameplay going on. But man, the publisher seems to be going out of its way to keep this one flying well under the radar. I was convinced it was vaporware, so seeing actual screens is kind of an odd treat.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
Giratina3 said:
Legend of Kay DS

Well, we all knew that what they were showing up until this point were screens from the PS2 version, and the fact that they've waited this long to finally reveal what the game looks like is a clear sign they're none too happy with the end result -- either that or they just don't give a rat's ass about the game. Still, if they translated the mechanics well, it could be a fun game. The original had some fun gameplay going on. But man, the publisher seems to be going out of its way to keep this one flying well under the radar. I was convinced it was vaporware, so seeing actual screens is kind of an odd treat.

Thanks for the heads-up.
No problems, i still might play this, because i played the PS2 version and thoroughly enjoyed the game, but ill be playing Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow first.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, Dementium II, and Blue Dragon in May on DS. Sounds good.

And then you have 3D Dot Game Heroes, Alan Wake, and Red Dead Redemption on consoles.

May is looking quite good.

I never played this on the PS2, but I'll check it out. I think most people will call it shovelware, however.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't look too bad really, i expected something like that. I'll play it and compare it to the PS2 version which i have running in PCSX2. We'll see how good of a port it is.
tongue.gif

Glad to see it wasn't entirely vaporware though, or at least it DOES exist.

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
That doesn't look too bad really, i expected something like that. I'll play it and compare it to the PS2 version which i have running in PCSX2. We'll see how good of a port it is.
tongue.gif

Glad to see it wasn't entirely vaporware though, or at least it DOES exist.
hehe yeah, this game doesn't look that bad. But the decieving of the images we originally had made my hopes high, my hopes are good now, this game will be played despite the changes in graphics, and yeah, i stumbled across these screens while searching for updates on this game, i guess i got lucky.

Giratina3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
It looks F%$%# gruesome. BUT, that doesn't say anything. Most 3D games on the DS look much prettier in motion. I mean look at a still from Mario 64 DS!!

Super-Mario-64-DS-6.jpg

Is there someone with bucket in here? *Gullpp..*
I suppose only the true way to see how this looks, is actually in a video.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually screen shots of 3D games look bad, but actually look somewhat good on the DS. Look at some of KH358/2's screen shots.
EDIT: Fuck someone already said something close to this..

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pioquinto111 said:
release date has just been moved... unless my sources are wrong...

No, I saw it on Gamefly, too. It got moved back to next month, I believe the 10th. At this point, I'm merely morbidly curious about the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1