Hacking Legal WiiU Tickets

Should Nintendo care about piracy of the games before the DS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mar10n1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dumped my disc ticket of Super Mario Maker. Then I used UTikDownloadHelper to install thefiles on my PC, and installed the files with WUPinstaller GX2. Is this legal? I have deleted the game on my WII U at the moment because I was unsure.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo should care about the Customer then they would have less Piracy.

Regarding your question Why and who gives a shit other than Nintendo not being able to milk more money out of you for a second copy on your friends PC?

If you are even asking this question you have no business doing what you are doing in the first place and I am not being nasty just stating a F.A.C.T. - Federation Against Copyright Theft.

PS* You Would'int Steal a Car.

Last edited by CORE,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you own the disc and extracted your ticket yourself, you are using a trick to install the game while it wasn't supposed to be installed.
you got the ticket from your own disc, you didn't pirate it or downloaded the certificate allowing you to install a game you didn't bought.
You could have used "disc2app" instead of downloading files from nintendo's servers when you weren't supposed to! that tool copy the disc's content to SD, including game data and your disc ticket.
If you are concerned about the fact you downloaded files from their servers, you shouldn't have done it (disc don't require server access, except to get game updates), but they are freely available on their CDN, unlike ticket and certificates.

Now, if you sell the disc, or do the same with a disc you don't own, but keep the game installed then it's not right, it becomes piracy for having a playable game that you don't own anymore or didn't bought.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: CORE

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes there is a way, there is a Mocha beta version with a bug, which can be abused :)
it mounts the USB as SD, so all apps requesting SD access are instead accessing USB's FAT32 first partition but still seen as SD.

but you will be stuck with "install to internal", as the USB will be seen as if it's SD card, and as if you don't have any USB plugged.
you'll have to install, move data to WiiU USB if you want to make space on internal, and start again.
don't try to mount both FAT and WiiU at the same tome to install to USB directly, it's not a good idea because it's not stable.

if you use CBHC, boot into the boot menu, choose launch HBL, from there launch mocha to get CFW.
do not let CBHC patch the system to use its CFW or you won't be able to patch it with Mocha again.

HBL -> Mocha beta -> you need to put homebrew apps on USB too (it's your new SD now)
do what you want from there : install app to internal memory, or play loadiine from USB, etc.

Last edited by Cyan,

mar10n1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes there is a way, there is a Mocha beta version with a bug, which can be abused :)
it mounts the USB as SD, so all apps requesting SD access are instead accessing USB's FAT32 first partition but still seen as SD.

but you will be stuck with "install to internal", as the USB will be seen as if it's SD card, and as if you don't have any USB plugged.
you'll have to install, move data to WiiU USB if you want to make space on internal, and start again.
don't try to mount both FAT and WiiU at the same tome to install to USB directly, it's not a good idea because it's not stable.

if you use CBHC, boot into the boot menu, choose launch HBL, from there launch mocha to get CFW.
do not let CBHC patch the system to use its CFW or you won't be able to patch it with Mocha again.

HBL -> Mocha beta -> you need to put homebrew apps on USB too (it's your new SD now)
do what you want from there : install app to internal memory, or play loadiine from USB, etc.
I used a different method. Thanks anyway!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can