Gaming Left 4 Dead Custom maps on 360

mocalacace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started playing Left 4 Dead on my 360 and I wanted to play custom maps on it. I know the PC has custom campaigns and survival maps, and I wanted to convert them to the 360. After extracting the ISO content I found the BSP files to be uncompressed, but most of the files are in 360.zip files. These files are compressed differently but I managed to find a program that can decompress them. But now I'm completely lost on how I would be able to add a new map or replace the old files (as the custom maps use completely new files).

I'm using a JTAG so replacing the files should be easy (not having to burn a DL DVD every time)

And I've searched on google and I've found only one person who said hes managed to put a custom map on the 360 but he didnt post how he managed to do it

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome, i was also thinking about how to get this to work... although beyond thinking, i have not done a whole lot to try to get any of this to work...

if you figure this out, please do post here.

mocalacace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is much to be edited in the game. I tried swapping out the lighthouse survival map for a Mc Donalds one I found. I swapped the BSP files and only HUD and barriers on the map changed, it still looked like the lighthouse map. I'm now going to try to rename all the Mc Donalds files to lighthouse.___.___ and see if that will get it to load the new textures and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1