Gaming [Leak] CoD: Black Ops 4 on Switch

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is something for the fans tho.

for some reason they all seem to be thinking that because the switch is selling well that all these third parties are going to support with its AAA titles.

guess what, as said, the Wii was selling brilliantly, but the fans cant seem to see the reasons behind it lacking the AAA titles that are only now getting ported.

HARDWARE!

yes, the switch could in theory get a COD game, but the question is, are Activision going to pay a separate team to create a version for the switch because we all know the same team that create the PC/PS4/XBX1 version will simply port across the three, but same version will not port to the switch without additional work.

then the question is, the additional cost, is it worth it when majority will rather play COD on a big screen, chances are (as the #PCMASTERRACE will say) they would rather play the superior version on PC than console, those that aren't PC gamers will rather play the superior console version.... and likely switch version will cost more.

The switch is selling well because of its gimmicks, lets all come back in a years time and see (as has been before) the hype fades, devs release basic shovelware and it will be littered with mario "insert activity" and the same old nintendo titles.

we all know this is going to happen, i just wonder what other gimmick nintendo will come up with when theyll be first again to release its new system once sony and ms release theirs.
Hate to be that guy but, activision must have a vision of how many copies they want to sell on switch, just like it happened on the wii. Black ops and world at war for example did pretty good on wii and pleased activision, so the same could happen on switch. Also, activision indeed have a team at treyarch who have worked on nintendo hardware, so yes, they could port it, and there were only 3 people on the team who worked on the nintendo ports, if i remeber correctly...

The thing is, and what i was trying to say, if any cod title gets ported to the switch, it will just appeal for nintendo people. As i said, no one from the other consoles will get a switch just for the portability gimmick and cod of they can already play "the superior and better version".

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
this is something for the fans tho.

for some reason they all seem to be thinking that because the switch is selling well that all these third parties are going to support with its AAA titles.

guess what, as said, the Wii was selling brilliantly, but the fans cant seem to see the reasons behind it lacking the AAA titles that are only now getting ported.

HARDWARE!

yes, the switch could in theory get a COD game, but the question is, are Activision going to pay a separate team to create a version for the switch because we all know the same team that create the PC/PS4/XBX1 version will simply port across the three, but same version will not port to the switch without additional work.

then the question is, the additional cost, is it worth it when majority will rather play COD on a big screen, chances are (as the #PCMASTERRACE will say) they would rather play the superior version on PC than console, those that aren't PC gamers will rather play the superior console version.... and likely switch version will cost more.

The switch is selling well because of its gimmicks, lets all come back in a years time and see (as has been before) the hype fades, devs release basic shovelware and it will be littered with mario "insert activity" and the same old nintendo titles.

we all know this is going to happen, i just wonder what other gimmick nintendo will come up with when theyll be first again to release its new system once sony and ms release theirs.
Why you're so hell bent on the Switch failing is beyond me. The "gimmick" (doesn't exist) isn't what is selling the system.

You also claiming the Wii had few to no great AAA titles further proves you're just as clueless now as you were a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Kioku,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you're so hell bent on the Switch failing is beyond me. The "gimmick" (doesn't exist) isn't what is selling the system.

You also claiming the Wii had few to no great AAA titles further proves you're just as clueless now as you were a few weeks ago.

because its nintendo, yes its selling well, but please remind me how many times we have heard nintendo promise to improve third party support and remind me how many systems has it been where third party devs are not releasing its AAA titles thus you never have the option to play xxx game where as you do the other two systems.

remind me how many times have we seen these titles nintendo lacked the first time round, later get ported when nintendo release its new console with better hardware.

hmmm i think youll find this started back on the N64, got worse on the CUBE, even more so for the WII (was littered with shovelware), WII U was.... well DOA, Switch as we have seen in the past is getting support during the first year or so while devs can port its old titles over, then it will die down.

even more so when sony/ms release its new consoles, di,d we not see this on the WII, did we not see this on the WII U?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to sus this one out.

COD MW
COD W@W
COD MW2
COD BO
COD MW3
COD BO 2
CODGHOST
COD AW
COD BO3
COD IW
COD WW2

So its simples

COD xxx warfare
COD Black Ops

Could even be Ghosts 2, but we can see its COD game followed by COD BO, then next game then back to BO..... which is why they're getting rather stale now.

question is how poor will it look, will it be as bad as DOOM was.
how id doom poor? lol doom looks great on the switch srs, its a portable great game, looks preety damn good and even at 30 fps is a blast to play, if every AAA game comes out like doom its a godsend really, also first you complain nintendo wont get AAA titles and then if they come you complain they arent up to ps4,xb1 standards on a freaking portable console lol makes no sence.

compains its not getting AAA, when it does complain it doesnt look as good as ps4 or xb1 becuase impossible feet on a portable... There is no pleasing you is there?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know, but they're competing with devices that use them. I'm saying it's up to them to solve it.
There is no instant solution for this. If they created a new format, it would be more expensive than cartridges for some time. As long as the memory isn't proprietary like Vita, I'm fine with carts.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is no instant solution for this. If they created a new format, it would be more expensive than cartridges for some time.
heck what new format could it be a mini bluray drive? i dont think that would even be a remotely decent solution imo, sure they could make internal storage abit bigger but even then after 3 or 4 decent sized games it would be needing and sd card yet again.

Reactions: Xzi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe, but like I said, it's Nintendo's problem. It's getting passed on to devs and in turn getting passed on to us.
well look at ps4 and xb1 they got space so what do they do? they dont compress anything, they just make 50+gb instals for preety much every game, i got wolfenstein dual apck and its a 90gb install and this is not 4k or anything, becuase if you do the 4k games your 1tb drive cant fit even 10 games lol.

i dont mind having an game requiring sd card, what i mind is needing to download from the servers to be playble like some do, why cant they make a compressed isntaller like people did back then? people get lazyer by the decade, i remenber dvds installing over 20gb of stuff and they holded 4.37 installer at best...

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a problem as long as mSDs are cheap. Don't forget that mSDs are really just tiny SSDs, and those are more expensive than mechanical HDDs anyway.
It's been fine beacause most Switch games have taken up little storage. All of Nintendo's games are highly stylized, though. They make big games that take up little storage. This isn't the case for third parties.
All I'm saying is this discourages third parties from releasing large games. I don't think this should be the case.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's been fine beacause most Switch games have taken up little storage. All of Nintendo's games are highly stylized, though. They make big games that take up little storage. This isn't the case for third parties.
All I'm saying is this discourages third parties from releasing large games. I don't think this should be the case.
It doesn't discourage them just like massive installs and patches don't discourage them from releasing on XB1/PS4. You're expected to have extra storage space now regardless of platform. Granted, PS4 and XB1 come with an HDD, but if people are smart they won't rely on that generic brand HDD for too long.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't discourage them just like massive installs and patches don't discourage them from releasing on XB1/PS4. You're expected to have extra storage space now regardless of platform. Granted, PS4 and XB1 come with an HDD, but if people are smart they won't rely on that generic brand HDD for too long.
You just said it. Sony includes a 500gb to 1tb harddrive. That is their solution.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You just said it. Sony includes a 500gb to 1tb harddrive. That is their solution.
And that's cheap for them to do because HDDs are cheap, but again, also less reliable than solid state in the long-term. It's by no means Sony's solution, PCs were using HDDs when consoles were still using proprietary memory cards. Obviously Nintendo is not having issues selling Switches just because they use mSDs.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
And that's cheap for them to do because HDDs are cheap, but again, also less reliable than solid state in the long-term. It's by no means Sony's solution, PCs were using HDDs when consoles were still using proprietary memory cards. Obviously Nintendo is not having issues selling Switches just because they use mSDs.
If consoles went SSD, the price jump would be enough to cause an uproar.. And the best part is that the average consumer wouldn't understand why..

Reactions: Xzi

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't trust Marcus Sellers.
Marcus Sellers seems to be the first to actually report this. Eurogamer reported after the tweet that he was correct in that the next game will be Black Ops 4. They were not able to confirm if the game will be on switch however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo