Hardware LCD for Wii

mayu29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I want to buy an LCD for my Wii and I have to choose between those brands: Samsung, LG and Panasonic. I want to use the component cables but I don't want to use a scart adapter with them. Can you tell which one of these brands has direct outputs for the Wii component cable?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They all should have a component input.

However simply giving brands is useless. Each of the brands has vast numbers of models, each of which will have different specifications.

mayu29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok, thank you for your help. Now I need to choose one of the three brands and it's quite a difficult choice since all of them have the same price, the same size and they are all HD Ready
smile.gif

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
about that scart adapter

you know that a component->scart adapter is really just that - an adapter - not an converter(no electronics & no quality loss)
just be sure that the tv support composite over scart (some dont)

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mayu29 said:
I want to buy an LCD for my Wii and I have to choose between those brands: Samsung, LG and Panasonic. I want to use the component cables but I don't want to use a scart adapter with them. Can you tell which one of these brands has direct outputs for the Wii component cable?

Scart Adapter ? Just to be sure, are you talking about component (red/blue/green/white/red) or composite (yellow/white/red) ?

In any case, since you say they are all HD Ready, they should all have every input (Composite/component/SCART) so there should be no problem with that.

Now for the wii, there is no point trying to go over 40" as the wii only output 480p (using component). I have a 32" Samsung and I think it is the "perfect" size for it

What you would want is to take one around 26" - 36" and check which one as the highest contrast ratio (non dynamic).

mayu29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
On second thought i found this one. Now it's a tough choice: the reliable Samsung (but only 720p) vs a FullHD LG (1080p but i don't know how reliable is the LG brand). Well, what do you think guys?

Yukito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Without looking at the brand, at would go for the LG one, it has a higher definition which means smaller pixels, so a clearer picture when upscaled compared to the Samsung one.

Though I've got a 720p 32" samsung and from the screenshot I posted above, you can see that it's clear enough already.

For me LG is as reliable as Samsung, after all they are both the first and second largest company in south korea for electronics.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are looking at spending hundreds of dollars for a HDTV, you shouldnt let the wii's lack of HD be your reason for getting a tiny TV. the next generation of consoles will be out before you know it, and you may get stuck with a wii2 and wishing you had bought a bigger TV.

mayu29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
giantpune said:
if you are looking at spending hundreds of dollars for a HDTV, you shouldnt let the wii's lack of HD be your reason for getting a tiny TV. the next generation of consoles will be out before you know it, and you may get stuck with a wii2 and wishing you had bought a bigger TV.

Indeed you are true, but I think the next Wii console won't be HD and I don't have a big room for a large LCD so I think I'm gonna buy that LG.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I use a wii on a 50" samsung plasma and it looks good, even if the output of the wii isn't the best in the world. On a 42" samsung of a friends it looks quite poor.

I certainly wouldn't get smaller just to try and make the wii "look better".

I'd take a 720p samsung over a 1080x lg any day of the week, but if you have the money I'd definitely go with panasonic (if you have the money, though, I'd go with pioneer).

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
HaniKazmi said:
mayu29 said:
Well, I've chosen this one
I have the 28inch version of that
smile.gif
Great TV, only problem being that it doesnt do 1080p. That shouldnt affect you though if all you're going to connect to it is your wii.
720p is good enough. Also, please please please use component cables because of higher quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o