Hacking Launch from disc channel on 4.0E (normal update)

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I first upgraded my wii normally to 4.0E using the Wii System Menu.

Then I followed the guide at softmod.co.uk, So I had the Backup Launcher and CIOSv7.

Everything worked fine, exept for the "reboot with hooks" option.
It doesn't freeze or gives any error. It just doesn't recognize the game at the disc channel.

I tried with rev9, rev10, rev13 and they were all the same. It never recognizes the game at the disc channel.

I don't know what else to do?

I don't have any preloader, or bootmii or anything like that. Just the Backup Launcher, the Homebrew channel, and the WadManager

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I'd also like to say I've been looking for a solution to this issue all day long, but I can't find much info on 4.0E normal systems. And other people don't seem to have the same problem.
Although I didn't read the whole 121 pages at "Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers"..

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
If I install CIOSCORP will it replace my current rev9? If so, can I just reinstall rev9/10/13 after trying CIOSCORP?

EDIT: Is CIOSCORP really the only way to launch a game from disc channel on 4.0E? There must be another way, right?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
CISOCORP is seperate from cIOS so not it shoudnt replace your cIOSrevxxx, CIOSCORP is only needed to launch disks from the disk channel. if you ask me i wouldnt use CIOSCORP unless u have bootmii as boot2 and/or preloader

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks for the advice pepxl.
Well, everybody is telling me to stick with the loaders

Drag0nflamez I don't think the menu patcher works with 4.0E I just tried it with rev9 and it did nothing.

But.. there must be someone who did run a game through the disc channel on 4.0 without CIOSCORP..right?

Is there really a difference if you run the game with the disc channel, is it faster? (Because whenever I run a game with the backup launcher some sequences of vid aren't smooth like they should be)

Thanks
smile.gif

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kkmll said:
Thanks for the advice pepxl.
Well, everybody is telling me to stick with the loaders

Drag0nflamez I don't think the menu patcher works with 4.0E I just tried it with rev9 and it did nothing.

But.. there must be someone who did run a game through the disc channel on 4.0 without CIOSCORP..right?

Is there really a difference if you run the game with the disc channel, is it faster? (Because whenever I run a game with the backup launcher some sequences of vid aren't smooth like they should be)

Thanks
smile.gif
Reboot with hooks.

Anyway, I saw cIOSCORP working at the 4.0E Wii of my cousin, so give it a try when you have Preloader & bootmii

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the rebooter option patches offsets values for menu's 3.X (I think), and that is why doesn't work on 4.0 no matter wich cIOS you have, and there is NO other way (software wise) to launch a DVD thru the disc channel but CIOScorp, wich is basically normal IOSes patched with the module from a cIOS, installed on the place where the normal IOSes are, any cIOS_rX will get installed on the slot IOS249 (250), Hermes's cIOS on IOS222/223, the USB cIOS on 202, PatchMii (when it used to work) on 254, but the launchers (or apps) hang over those slots, the games (unless you patch them to use IOS249) usually hang over IOSes between 9-55, Eg. Zelda and WiiSports use IOS9, Big Brain Academy use IOS21, SSBB use IOS36, RockBand use IOS37, Animal Crossing and Punch Out use IOS38, NFS:Undercover use IOS55 and so on and on, if you patch them to insert the DIP module in each one of them, then you could use DVD's instead of legit copies, got it..?? so, only installing CIOScorp this is possible..!!
wink.gif

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Drag0nflamez said:
Reboot with hooks.
?? that's why I started this thread, because the option doesn't work and I'd like to fix it.

If there is no difference where it is launched from why are the videos lagging? And... most importantly, what's the advantage of CIOSCORP in that case?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DKAngel said:
makes no difference in where its run from, disc channel is a waste of time anyways, i thought reboot with hooks didnt work on sysmenu 4+

Mmmmmmmm..... then why the cars have doors and windshields, we only need the engine and tires, it is a waste of time to put this things on a car..!!
wink2.gif

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, that was a bit confusing ether2802, but I get it.

But is there an advantage if I use CIOSCORP (besides the fact that I'lll be able to run the game from the disc channel) will it run faster? (I heard something like from the disc channel it uses 6x, but from the launcher only 3x, is it true?)

And does it have anything to do with the lagging vids I mentioned earlier?

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fatherjack said:
Disk Channel Loading Without CIOSCORP, by aquilino

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

This doesn't work on SM 4.0 o 4.1, only in 3.2.........I never got it to work at least.

Why not use the method I use.

If your Wii is not a Boot2v4 (AKA LU64+) than install CIOS60BF.WAD and you should be able to see your backup games in disc channel.

But you can't load them just like that cause they will crash as reading errors.

Simply Patch your Wii Game.ISO with Waninkoko's IOS Patcher to use IOS249, and your set.

I Also recomend you to use cIOS38 Rev13.

Good Luck.

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
nknave said:
fatherjack said:
Disk Channel Loading Without CIOSCORP, by aquilino

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130538

This doesn't work on SM 4.0 o 4.1, only in 3.2.........I never got it to work at least.

Why not use the method I use.

If your Wii is not a Boot2v4 (AKA LU64+) than install CIOS60BF.WAD and you should be able to see your backup games in disc channel.

But you can't load them just like that cause they will crash as reading errors.

Simply Patch your Wii Game.ISO with Waninkoko's IOS Patcher to use IOS249, and your set.

I Also recomend you to use cIOS38 Rev13.

Good Luck.

Thank you very much, to all of you
biggrin.gif

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kkmll - No, you're straying off topic for this thread

@nknave - I was following that thread i linked to, but was reluctant to try due to so many people not getting it working on 4.0
unsure.gif

I'm on 4.0E PAL with cIOS38_rev13 installed, and your method sounds good
wink.gif
just two questions:

1) does the CIOS60BF.WAD not affect the system menu (v4.0) in any way?
2) I can IOS patch my ISO's, but do they need to be 1:1 - or are scrubbed ok?

If u give me the right answers, I'm gonna do this asap
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Since I got no reply I went ahead and tried this out, and............"system files corrupted
frown.gif

used preloader and sysmenu4.0PAL.wad to recover.
Do you have any idea why the cios60bf.wad caused the corruption?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show