OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thing is: I have a 4.0E wii updated normally.

I had the backup launcher, HBC, etc.

I was trying to get the games trough the disc channel, I installed CIOS60BF.wad as someone told me. but it did nothing, so when I went to the HBC again I uninstalled it using the Wad Manager.
(I also installed cIOS38 rev13, which I had already tried before without problems.)

So I exit the Wad Manager and it brings me back to the HBC, which is fine. But when I try to exit the HBC I cant. It just realoaded the HBC.

So... I shuted down my wii. And now when I try to start it, it can't even load anything. it doesn't start, it doesn't even give me an error.

And I don't have any preloader.

Please help?

Thanks

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you uninstalled your system menu IOS

Sorry to say, but unless you have bootmii installed to boot2, you'll have to send it in to Nintendo

QUOTE said:
But when I try to exit the HBC I cant. It just realoaded the HBC.
Interesting. So when your System Menu won't load, HBC won't let you exit to it?
Didn't know that

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ltsykes said:
Dont know, I think you remove the recovery menu too.
Thats right. I bought a bricked Wii with 4.0e and without IOS60 and there is nothing.
No recovery menu, simply nothing than a black screen.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There's savemiifrii, but I don't think it will work since the system menu IOS is gone
don't mention savemiifrii, that is pointless, his wii is completely dead, he needs to send it to ninty or buy a new one, stupid people, they really should stop touching dangerous software (when warned a zillion times before) and concentrate on playing with action figures.

But it's always the same they think for fuck sake my pirated games ain't playing through disk channel, lets go uninstall that cIOS blahblah. ridiculous.

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
There's savemiifrii, but I don't think it will work since the system menu IOS is gone
don't mention savemiifrii, that is pointless, his wii is completely dead, he needs to send it to ninty or buy a new one, stupid people, they really should stop touching dangerous software (when warned a zillion times before) and concentrate on playing with action figures.

But it's always the same they think for fuck sake my pirated games ain't playing through disk channel, lets go uninstall that cIOS blahblah. ridiculous.

Yeah, f*cking stupid, I deserve that. In fact, it's exactly what I'm thinking right now.

Anyways... is there a way to recover the game saves?

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
kkmll said:
Yeah, f*cking stupid, I deserve that. In fact, it's exactly what I'm thinking right now.

Anyways... is there a way to recover the game saves?
Apart from de-soldering your NAND and hooking it up to your computer, there is absolutely no way. And that would require your wii's NAND Key, be extremely difficult to accomplish and would void your warranty anyway.

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well... can I use my wii in any way? You know... trying stuff... do any of you need a tester with a broken wii?

I think Im gonna make a new post, maybe someone needs to try something../?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty much useless now.

Send it in to Nintendo to get it repaired.
Tell them this happened after updating or something.
If you're lucky, they'll replace it for free.
I don't know if Nintendo has a way to check what's installed on your Wii with this kind of brick.

D

Deleted-171178

If your giving it for free, ship it to me
wink.gif

Otherwise send it to Nintendo.

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
piratesmack said:

I don't know if Nintendo has a way to check what's installed on your Wii with this kind of brick.

Well, I'm gonna try that. thanks for your concern.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kkmll said:
piratesmack said:

Well, I'm gonna try that. thanks for your concern.

It works like this: You had IOS60. Your system menu ran off it. You then installed another IOS60, overwriting the original. Still no problem, you've got the IOS you need. You then deleted it, leaving you with nothing.

Deleting IOS60 (or whichever IOS your system menu requires depending on menu version) is the single worst thing you could have done to your Wii other than throw it in a fire. Try sending it to Nintendo, you may get lucky. If not, they'll charge you over $200 to fix it. If it was me, I'd buy a new system and keep the toasted one for parts. You never know when your precious hacked Wii is going to have hardware issues.... dvd drive, sd slot, bluetooth module, etc.... all things for which a busted Wii comes in very handy for. Plus, if you buy your next Wii used, there are 2 pluses: 1) it's cheaper (significantly cheaper than what Nintendo will charge you if they find homebrew), and 2) you may be able to find an older one, with vulnerable boot2, so you can install Bootmii as boot2 and do a NAND backup.... then you'll never have to worry about this type of thing again, as you'll always be able to recover.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
imapterodactyl said:
If it was me, I'd buy a new system and keep the toasted one for parts.
I think a Wii with an broken dvd drive from ebay is a better way because the price is low and someone sell it with a lot of stuff.

I bought two Wii's @ ebay with different problems. Also a three month old bricked Wii and another another one with an bad dvd drive.

Together it's a working Wii(with boot1 bug;)) and i get 4 controller, 4 nunchuk, 2 power supply, 2 av cables, 1 component cable, some games, a Wiikey v2, ...
It was a deal around 180$ and he only need an Wii with an working board, the price should be around 100$ with some stuff.

^^ Only an idea.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE