Latest TTDS kernel (even unofficial)?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by davidsl_128, Sep 20, 2009.

1. davidsl_128
    OP

davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Aug 19, 2008
    Colombia
    I'm looking for the newest TTDS kernel, to use it with R4Sauto and build an updated YSmenu. Is there a downside if I use this unofficial kernel? Or it's just for the better? I'm currently using the latest kernel from the official page, but I read that there are better unofficial versions and I can't find them.

Also I know this is probably a stupid question but is there a way to play Mario & Luigi 3 on an R4 xD

2. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    It can be found here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6507. No downside at all, it's just the official firmware with a couple of added compatibility fixes. These fixes were made before Mario/Luigi 3 (U) was released.

One of the fake R4's has had a firmware update claiming to fix Mario/Luigi 3 but as far as I know there is no way to make Mario/Luigi 3 work on a real R4.

3. davidsl_128
    OP

Aug 19, 2008
    Colombia
    ... well I don't play any of the fixed games so I'll just let it be. Anyway thanks [​IMG]

by the way I know this is off-topic but is anyone working on a Mario and Luigi 3 translation of the J version? You know, since the japanese one can be played with this uinofficial thingy

4. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    v1.17a02 also contains the fixes from v1.17a01. Here's the full list of fixes including the ones added by the custom savlib.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

EDIT: Please note that 2906/2971 is only fixed on the DSTT. It will still not function correctly with YSMenu

5. davidsl_128
    OP

Aug 19, 2008
    Colombia
    Ah ok then I'll download it for Chrono Trigger...

6. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2009
    Canada
    can someone post the fix link for the fake r4 plz i wanan try it