Hacking Question Last days of 5.1, worth upgrading just for exfat if I am on 4.1 and SX user?

ssssss13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently running fat32 and cutting files with xcicutter. Is exfat update that important? I'm on 4.1 and I will update to 5.1 doing so... But better 5.1 than 6.0 I guess so I have to decide soon.

I know there is a workaround for getting the exfat update without actually updating the switch, but as I explained in this post, things like that are not fit for me and thats the reason I ahve SX OS

Is exfat 100% necesary?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-out-a-guy-who-couldnt-even-hack-his-psp.515467/

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use ChoiDujourNX to "update" to 4.1 with exfat. All of the firmware files are available offline, so there is no rush to get an update via nintendo servers.

If you can pirate games the process to enable exfat is just as easy. Autorcm isn't needed going from 4.1 to 4.1 exfat. If you update to 5.1 and don't use autorcm you will burn fuses, but if you're willing to update thru official channels, sounds like you don't care much about that.

Last edited by designgears,
Reactions: Deleted User

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
If you're happy with your sx os and have no plans to downgrade later on then might as well update directly through their servers and get your exfat support. Also back up your nand/boot again after update.

ValenValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most definitely worth it. @Unleanone999 has the right idea.

6.0 will likely break CFW for a little bit, and exFAT makes everything go so much smoother...everyone who doesn't have it yet should consider doing this.

Personally unless you're on 1.0.0 I wouldn't worry about fuses, other exploits are overrated next to what we already have imo and it's a headache to do all that unless you're an advanced user and know what you're doing already

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm currently running fat32 and cutting files with xcicutter. Is exfat update that important? I'm on 4.1 and I will update to 5.1 doing so... But better 5.1 than 6.0 I guess so I have to decide soon.

I know there is a workaround for getting the exfat update without actually updating the switch, but as I explained in this post, things like that are not fit for me and thats the reason I ahve SX OS

Is exfat 100% necesary?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-out-a-guy-who-couldnt-even-hack-his-psp.515467/

A dictionary is definitely "necesary"...

Thandor

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do it. I did the same and been enjoying 5.x for weeks now. 4.1 is useless. exFAT is working fine and is a nice addition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: