Question Help out a guy who couldnt even hack his PSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ssssss13, Aug 19, 2018.

1. ssssss13
    OP

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    As title say, I didnt even know to hack the PSP, and it was basically put some folder into the SD card and run it.

Is xecuter pro my solution? I have been reading last few days and -i dont have a jig, a dont have a dongle, ffs I dont even have a usb c to a cable.

I doubt very much that I could even update without burning fuses. I doubt that I could ever do autorcm.

For a total mess like myself, its the xecuter ro the best option?

gman666 likes this.
  2. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    just get sx pro then.

3. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    are you able to insert game cartridges or SD cards?

Last edited by TheZander, Aug 19, 2018
  4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I don’t know man, are you sure you are up for the Switch. Might want to stick with checkers and dominos. :rofl2:

NoNAND, pin, Canna and 10 others like this.
  5. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    just get sx pro.

6. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    1st step: Take a look at the Stickied post that is titled "SWITCH NOOB Paradise".

2nd step: Didn't help? Take a look at the "Switch - Tutorials" section and their is a thread called "Switch Hacking Updated FAQ"

3rd step: Still nothing? Log out.. Sign up for Team Xecuters official forum and make sure they help you with all your questions.

On a serious note.. How do you plan to even initiate recovery mode without a jig?

Last edited by gman666, Aug 19, 2018
  7. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    On further thought I see hope in this one. He didn’t say “autorcm mode” and he actually read enough to be dangerous before he posted a thread.

damiano2712 and gman666 like this.
  8. ssssss13
    OP

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I mean I understand WHAT I have to do (jig it, run tegra smash, backup nand first with hekate payload, then select a payload of my choice to install NSP/homebrew apps.

But boy it seems to complicated to do EVERYTHING right. First, if my switch does not have exfat I have to update from current 4.1, so losing AtmosphereCFW in the process(I know myself too well to think I can update without burning fuses, I probably will burn the switch) . No exfat, no backup nand(30gbs if im right)

Then the NSPs can brick the console is the source is bad, as I read in some posts.

I dont know, for a retard like me SX pro might be the best option and just run XCI and hb offline and if I'm lucky get Atmosphere to run above 5.1

MarkDarkness, gman666 and thorasgar like this.
  9. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    ...updating your OFW doesn't mean you loose CFW...Atmosphere CFW works on ALL OFW(Official firmware) versions, even the latest one. As for the e-fuses, don't worry about them. The only advantage of not burning fuses is if you ever want to downgrade to older firmware versions, in case a softmod comes up. If you want to play backups and homebrew NOW, go ahead and update to the latest OFW, you can still sue Atmosphere on it. As for NSP being bad, you just need to get them from a trusty source and that i can personally help you with

ssssss13 likes this.
  10. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    Now this is an exemplary post.. I have a feeling that your first post was thrown together in a flurry. I mean we have been told that atmosphere would be able to run on firmware higher than 4.1 so I don't think you'll be losing out on many features by updating without not burning efuses. But I'm pretty sure you can format the Micro SD card to FAT32 and It will work (You should definitely double check that).. I think you're confident enough to try the process of updating without burning fuses. Also, as long as you aren't downloading NSPs from crazy shady sources I think you'll be fine. From what I've read.. Bigbluebox releases are the most reliable NSPs you can find, but I don't know of other release groups that do releases.

thorasgar likes this.
  11. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    That is not a bad strategy if you are willing to spend the cash for SX Pro. I understand the jig is high quality and having a dongle is beneficial.

Just to clarify one point. Atmosphere and the other current CFW options can run on 5.1. The reason to stay on or below 4.1 is the possibility of a warmboot exploit. Nice to have but not necessary if you have a dongle or Android phone.

I honestly would have bought the SX Pro if I didn’t trust my kid’s ability to follow my strict instructions. My youngest started with an Acekard and DS lite when he was 4. Whenever any kind of update dialog pops up they know to always cancel and come see Dad. Probably will get one of the cheaper dongles eventually.

12. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Or just get them straight from CDNSP. Can't get more reliable than that

thorasgar likes this.
  13. JellyPerson

JellyPerson https://discord.gg/BMVma8j

Banned
    Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    Okay. How couldnt you hack a PSP? Those things are extremely easy. Maybe too easy.

14. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    That.. Or using md5 checksum to verify the content of the file. Isn't CDNSP dangerous tho? I mean we don't want the guy banning himself on accident.

15. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    You're thinking of FreeShopNX. CDNSP runs on your PC, not your Switch

thorasgar and gman666 like this.
  16. JellyPerson

Banned
    Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    tbh if you hack your switch, you shouldn't be scared of a ban

gman666 likes this.
  17. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    that doesnt mean you should knowingly provoke a ban through.

thorasgar likes this.
  18. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    But you should be scared of a SUPERban

19. ssssss13
    OP

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just adopt me then.:creep:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

See, things like this scare me a lot . With my luck and lack of knowledge I probably end uo bricking+superbaning my console within a week. Superban means no updates, but maybe could still update with Choidujour?

gman666 and thorasgar like this.
  20. JellyPerson

Banned
    Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    Awesome thing about the Nintendo Switch is you can still boot hekate and flash your nand backup back.