Hardware Laptop only wakes from sleep within a short period of time

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird thing I have a laptop that I have hooked up to my TV with HDMI so I can watch streams and things like that. I want to be able to keep it in sleep and just wake it up any time with my wireless mouse. If I just put it to sleep I can, but if it's been awhile (like 1 hour+ or maybe less than that) the mouse does not wake it up and I have to get up and hit a button on the laptop to wake it up. There is nothing in the bios about waking from usb when I looked.

Edit: just checked in Device Manager > Mouse and "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked already.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be in your power and sleep settings. "In addition, go to Control Panel-> Power Options-> Change plan settings-> Change advanced power settings -> Sleep -> Hibernate after -> here put both "never". There you can set after how many minutes the computer goes into hibernation mode andsleep mode. Change the time for hibernation"

gooeywreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine does the same thing i still haven't figured it out, i just set it to not fall asleep when it's plugged in and it solved my problem for now. It's under the power plan settings.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm putting it to sleep intentionally. So the only solution is to NOT let it sleep? That seems like a bug to me if a mouse can wake it within a few minutes it should be able to wake it any time.

gooeywreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MythicalData was right its the hibernation setting, i never turned it off

Attachments

• Capture47.PNG
    Capture47.PNG
    87.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by gooeywreck,

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hibernating setting was off. But I think I solved it

Change Advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow wake timers was set to "only important times" or something like that. I changed it to enabled. But I need to give it awhile like an hour and see if it wakes.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think that's it because i just tried it and it won't wake again. How would I prevent usb from shutting off?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Under my mouse in Power Management "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked but unselectable.

You never know with Windows 10 but I think I solved it this time. Advanced Power settings > usb settings> USB selective suspend setting > Disabled.

Windows can make something that should be simple be so difficult.

Still didn't work LOL Fucking Windows. I'm just going to not put it to sleep like you guys said and then turn it off at night.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"When the Device Manager window opens, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch, then right-click the USB Root Hub device and select Properties. Click the Power Management tab. If you want USBports to keep supplying power in sleep mode, just uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“ I would only do this for the ones you are actively going to be using though

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I selected all 4 USB Roots because the mouse is the only thing I have plugged in to any usb. All 4 had "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checked, so I unchecked them. Still wouldn't wake from sleep after a few minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them