Hardware Home button unresponsive and constant wake from sleep loop after HWFLY install - Switch Lite

ultimaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just done another Amz HWFLY chip install on a switch lite, everything appears to work well with one caveat-the home button is unresponsive and while in sleep mode it will constantly wake up on a 1-2 interval continuously.

I wasn't able to find many posts of similar issues, I'm not sure what else to look at as I believe it was working prior to the install and I also never lifted/removed the board from its location on the frame. I never had access to that side of the board and don't see anything bridged or otherwise dirty/damaged. Looking for any advice if somebody had a similar issue.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just done another Amz HWFLY chip install on a switch lite, everything appears to work well with one caveat-the home button is unresponsive and while in sleep mode it will constantly wake up on a 1-2 interval continuously.

I wasn't able to find many posts of similar issues, I'm not sure what else to look at as I believe it was working prior to the install and I also never lifted/removed the board from its location on the frame. I never had access to that side of the board and don't see anything bridged or otherwise dirty/damaged. Looking for any advice if somebody had a similar issue.
Maybe you damaged a trace going to the right controller while removing the RF shielding on the SoC. I saw a post where somebody did the same thing just the other day, though it was a different pin (the active pin, which prevented the right Joycon from functioning at all)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: ultimaa and BigOnYa

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you didnt find another thread/post about this issue, maybe you should think:
Hmm, i am the only one with this kind of problem, could it be that i fucked up something?

The answer is 100%.

Show us pictures or else nobody could help you….
Post automatically merged:

Hmm, i am the only one with this kind of problem, could it be that i fucked up something?

The answer is 100%.

Show us pictures of your soldering and install or else nobody could help you….

ultimaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The answer is 100%.

Show us pictures or else nobody could help you….
Post automatically merged:

I think it’s quite clear it happened as a result of my doing…

There’s no pictures as there’s nothing to show, it’s a functionality issue and everything looks as it should from the outside without visible damage anywhere.

The button is raised, not sunk in and the rubber bumpers are in place, no ribbons that have anything to do with the I/O were touched, neither does the touch screen glitch when in the test screen.

Really not sure what you’d like to see.

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Like you said, it’s something caused by you.
So please explain how someone can help you solve your issue without pics?

It could be like the guy mentioned above, a damaged trace when removing the cpu shield.

Have you tried different joycons?
Does it wake by itself in sleepmode without joycons?

If you want help then provide info and pics or else it’s just guess work… does not matter if you think pics are irrelevant.
There is something you did when modding that caused this.

ultimaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you said, it’s something caused by you.
So please explain how someone can help you solve your issue without pics?

It could be like the guy mentioned above, a damaged trace when removing the cpu shield.

Have you tried different joycons?
Does it wake by itself in sleepmode without joycons?

If you want help then provide info and pics or else it’s just guess work… does not matter if you think pics are irrelevant.
There is something you did when modding that caused this.
It’s a switch lite, I can’t disconnect the joycons.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Remove the SoC RF shield again and look for any damage on the board surrounding it. Specifically visible copper where the solder mask has been scratched away, there is probably a break in a trace, which is hard to spot but scratched solder mask gives you a clue as to where it might be.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: BigOnYa

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

I missed that part that it was a switch lite, good luck with your problem then.

But like i said before, please tell me how people are going to help you solve the issue when you cant even bother to provide pictures etc.

ultimaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the SoC RF shield again and look for any damage on the board surrounding it. Specifically visible copper where the solder mask has been scratched away, there is probably a break in a trace, which is hard to spot but scratched solder mask gives you a clue as to where it might be.
Opened and checked, nothing as far as I can see unfortunately. Pic 3 has some thermal paste in between the caps that I cleaned, just wanted to clarify that it’s not solder!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone