Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! The screen looks perfectly fine, just the menu isn't callibrated to my touch and I can't navigate with the left joycon. My right joycon is not attached as the jig is in place.
Remove your jig and see if it works.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

0xCCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This goes out to those who has Lakka running

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I'm not able to boot my lakka more than once.
After a restart into RCM it will never boot from sdcard again, the dirty bit for fsck is set and even if I run the payload several times, it will never boot again.

On the painless-linux repo (/natinusala/painless-linux#troubleshooting) I have read under the Troubleshooting page:
> Having a black screen despite the fact that the exploit worked ? Just shut down the Switch (10 seconds power button press) and try again, it happens sometimes.

But i can nowhere find a reason why it happens. I have already bought a fatser sd card but no luck, this is very frustrating that I can't boot it more than once

I'm happy for any hints, how does it work for "you" ?

hallo42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys i got a switch with sx os can i install this lakka on my switch aswell or does it not work with sx os i wanna play psx games on my switch and it seems the best way is lakka or is there another way to play psx games on my switch with sx os

0xCCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys i got a switch with sx os can i install this lakka on my switch aswell or does it not work with sx os i wanna play psx games on my switch and it seems the best way is lakka or is there another way to play psx games on my switch with sx os
If you have used a fat32 formatted SD Card it could work in parallel, the lakka installation is only a folder on the SD Card. I have used exFat for my sx os since I prefer my XCI files are not splitted, so I would use a second SD for lakka (if there wasn't the stupid boot to black screen issue)

Last edited by 0xCCD,
Reactions: hallo42

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New release : Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel-20180822175227-r28359-g80e5477ea

The Energy Star release is finally here ! What's new :
  • Hekate chainloading : Hekate is now the recommended way of booting Lakka. See the Installation guide to know how to boot Lakka from hekate.
    • Current users should drop their copy of the boot scripts and use hekate instead
    • I will not provide any support regarding any other method of booting
    • This allows you to boot Lakka from your dongle or modchip
  • New core : Dolphin (Nintendo GameCube / Wii)
    • While some games are playable, don't expect it to run as a decent speed
  • New core : Ishiiruka (Nintendo GameCube / Wii)
    • This is a dolphin fork which can be faster on certain cases - Ishiiruka works better when the GPU and CPU are overclocked
  • New core : mesen (Nintendo Entertainment System)
  • New core : dosbox-svn
    • This core is up-to-date with the standalone dosbox, allowing it to run way faster than the original core. It depends heavily on the CPU so you may want to overclock it.
  • CPU Overclock : the default CPU speed is now the same as Horizon's (around 1GHz). You can now overclock the CPU up to 1.9GHz by using the menu in the first tab.
  • Cold boot Wi-Fi : using Wi-Fi no longer needs a reboot !
  • MAC Address fix : Lakka now uses a random MAC Address. Read the FAQ to see how to change it to match the Horizon MAC address.
How to update : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/update.html

Last edited by natinusala,

mrmole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Hekate chainloading : Hekate is now the recommended way of booting Lakka. See the Installation guide to know how to boot Lakka from hekate.
    • Current users should drop their copy of the boot scripts and use hekate instead
    • This is a dolphin fork which can be faster on certain cases - Ishiiruka works better when the GPU and CPU are overclocked
    • This core is up-to-date with the standalone dosbox, allowing it to run way faster than the original core. It depends heavily on the CPU so you may want to overclock it.
  • CPU Overclock : the default CPU speed is now the same as Horizon's (around 1GHz). You can now overclock the CPU up to 1.9GHz by using the menu in the first tab.
  • MAC Address fix : Lakka now uses a random MAC Address. Read the FAQ to see how to change it to match the Horizon MAC address

This is such a huge update! Thank you for all the hard work!

level42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New release : Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel-20180822175227-r28359-g80e5477ea

• MAC Address fix : Lakka now uses a random MAC Address. Read the FAQ to see how to change it to match the Horizon MAC address.
How to update : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/update.html

Absolutely amazing!!! Thank you for all your hard work! It's very much appreciated!

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you ctc for your hard work this summer! You literally saved Nintendo switch booting for the whole community, lakka boots without fail for me now, (even able to restart successfully) thank you also natinusala for bundling everything together for this update and your continue support on lakka!

D

Deleted User

Sorry to ask, but has Audio become supported without BlueTooth yet?

Thinking about giving this a try, as I have a spare sd card laying about.

D

Deleted User

You would've heard that already
It's not often I check this thread honestly. Just I've been getting the itch to play Skies of Arcadia again and wanting to do so with the Switch, hence my ask.

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
What hekate config do I need to launch Lakka?

The latest hekate didn't even come with a hekate_ipl.ini. Says can't be found so I don't have the option of selecting Lakka.

Last edited by gbazone,

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_190711.jpg
    IMG_20180823_190711.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 332
Last edited by Nevercholt,
Reactions: gbazone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1