Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@urherenow did you make sure that the Lakka MAC address was the same as HOS MAC address ? It wouldn't surprise me if it weren't the same, seeing how Wi-Fi is broken-ish right now

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sorry if it's a dumb question but how do you enable FPS display on this and also what is the most optimal clock speed to use?

I tried Windwaker and RE4 earlier but they were a bit sluggish.

Last edited by BloodRose,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@urherenow did you make sure that the Lakka MAC address was the same as HOS MAC address ? It wouldn't surprise me if it weren't the same, seeing how Wi-Fi is broken-ish right now
That would be easier to answer if anything at all in Lakka would tell you your MAC, but let me see...

Lakka connection says: 00-90-4c-1a-a0-01

Well, there you go. That is NOT the MAC address reported by horizon. The Horizon MAC starts with 98:B6:E9...

Would someone else please try and see if your Lakka connection reports the same MAC as the one above (00:90:4C...)?

If you don't know how, open cmd on your laptop or PC on the same network, ping your switch's IP (while connected in Lakka) then "arp -A"

Last edited by urherenow,

Zaweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to calibrate the joysticks? I've tried playing Mario 64 but the left stick in a neutral state registers as slightly tilted up. It doesn't happen in the regular os.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to calibrate the joysticks? I've tried playing Mario 64 but the left stick in a neutral state registers as slightly tilted up. It doesn't happen in the regular os.
doesn't that game itself have a calibration mode? idr...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
@natinusala Any news on proper power modes? Is this usable in a portable capacity yet? I got banned from Twitter so I haven't been able to get in touch with ya as of late, hop on IRC if you get the chance!

kaPutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be easier to answer if anything at all in Lakka would tell you your MAC, but let me see...

Would someone else please try and see if your Lakka connection reports the same MAC as the one above (00:90:4C...)?"

I don't have Lakka on a SD card ATM but I have the same MAC address (00:90:4C...) using OP's Painless Linux which has been patched with the Lakka updates (courtesy of DarkOrb).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Lakka on a SD card ATM but I have the same MAC address (00:90:4C...) using OP's Painless Linux which has been patched with the Lakka updates (courtesy of DarkOrb).
so the question becomes... why is a fake MAC address baked into Linux disros for Switch, and how do we fix it? Perhaps that's the wifi problem to begin with (not working without a reboot)?

@natinusala

EDIT: also... since EVERYONE is reporting the same MAC adress, how is this not causing all sorts of issues with netplay and the like?

Last edited by urherenow,

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi natinusala:

When do you implement a sleep funktion in lakka? At this time lakka is useless for me. Thanks for your work.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so the question becomes... why is a fake MAC address baked into Linux disros for Switch, and how do we fix it? Perhaps that's the wifi problem to begin with (not working without a reboot)?

This is not the wifi problem to begin with. The wifi reboot issue is being worked on and will hopefully be fixed on the next release.

As for the MAC address, I think it has to do with a misconfiguration. It's not supposed to be a constant MAC for everyone. I'll look into it.

EDIT: also... since EVERYONE is reporting the same MAC adress, how is this not causing all sorts of issues with netplay and the like?

I think it can create issues when using netplay on two Switches on the same local network. Since they share the same MAC address and public IP, the NAT will not work properly.

When do you implement a sleep funktion in lakka? At this time lakka is useless for me. Thanks for your work.

SOONTM

redcat2401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone help me, my joy cons aren't working when im booted into lakka.tv, i launched into the normal switch os and they work on there just fine.

EDIT : Awkward, booted into normal os again, checked my controllers and realised they just have no battery left, charging now and hopefully should would.

Last edited by redcat2401,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y