Homebrew WIP Lakka.tv first release for Nintendo Switch

D

Deleted User

The problem is that I don't want to run an exploit that needs several tools when switching between native and emulated games.
then use autorcm. the tools required is just a micro sd, a usb c cable, and tinfoil, or a paperclip. or [enter jig here]

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How is this different than the original switch-linux kernel ? LineageOS is more than a kernel, right ?
This seems more to me like just the Android Kernel being ported. LineageOS is a full Android OS for phones that has Custom Recovery. This seems more like an attempt to get the switch to boot using the LineageOS kernel. Once the Kernel works, it'll be easy to have a fully working Android OS for the switch (This is how it seems to me, I could be wrong, but from my experience in porting ROMs to other Android ROMs, it does seems like what I stated above)

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
then use autorcm. the tools required is just a micro sd, a usb c cable, and tinfoil, or a paperclip. or [enter jig here]

[IMPORTANT] PSA: AutoRCM Battery Warning

I'm not sure if you saw the PSA recently, but personally I wouldn't leisurely recommend AutoRCM ATM, considering what has been discovered about the disadvantages to using it, but if you do... all I ask is that you at least address the battery issues to avoid as much confusion as humanly possible... while it's a nice convenience for those clued in, I can assure you it'll be a pain in the arse if you aren't.

so does this work on switch v 5.0.2?

This should work regardless of the OFW you're using, it's not Homebrew after-all, so it doesn't run through your FW in anyway.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
D

Deleted User

[IMPORTANT] PSA: AutoRCM Battery Warning

I'm not sure if you saw the PSA recently, but personally I wouldn't leisurely recommend AutoRCM ATM, considering what has been discovered about the disadvantages to using it, but if you do... all I ask is that you at least address the battery issues to avoid as much confusion as humanly possible... while it's a nice convenience for those clued in, I can assure you it'll be a pain in the arse if you aren't.

This should work regardless of the OFW you're using, it's not Homebrew after-all, so it doesn't run through your FW in anyway, however this is not yet 100% complete, so I'd advise you only use it if you know what you're doing, or if your a dev, but either way shouldn't expect much support if any (unless your plainly contributing with the development) because of it's state in development ATM, and if you're in anyway, shape, or form confused, then just read OP's first comment.
I already seen it, not only that but also was part of the discussion about it. Not only that but also prove that it was a false alarm. The original un edited post said that you would perma brick if your battery died in rcm mode, which was false. And the odds of the soc entering a odd memory state is rare. And the only disadvantage is being tethered, but you can just simply undo the auto rcm by re running the program (briccmii), and the soc could get stuck anyways even without autorcm. And battery issues wise it's pretty easy fix, just drain the battery without autorcm installed. Which having the battery fully dead should re calibrate it. So you would drain the switch battery as much as possible in horizon, if it unexpectedly shuts off, go into rcm mode, load a program that has the screen on, wait for it to die, and then once dead, just plug the console in with the ac adapter, and then turn it on. horizon/switch os should boot just fine, and the indicator should show like 3%. You could do all the above with autorcm, but, it's one extra step. I use autorcm when I know that I'm going to be rebooting into rcm mode often, or a series of tasks are going to require multiple rcm boots.

Last edited by ,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You realize that I already seen it, not only that but also was part of the discussion about it. And the only disadvantage is being tethered, but you can just simply undo the auto rcm by re running the program, and the soc could get stuck anyways even without autorcm. And battery issues wise it's pretty easy fix, just drain the battery without autorcm installed. Which having the battery fully dead should re calibrate it. So you would drain the switch battery as much as possible in horizon, if it unexpectedly shuts off, go into rcm mode, load a program that has the screen on, wait for it to die, and then once dead, just plug the console in with the ac adapter, and then turn it on.

Fair enough, I didn't remember seeing you in the convo, but I was just bringing it up as it can be more of an issue then it's actually worth IMO... well unless you're aware of it, and you accept it, TBH a lot of people especially lurkers will just hear AutoRCM, and expect to not have to think about it after they install it, which would result in a lot of noobs asking why their Switch is "Soft-Bricked" that is when/if their battery completely drains while in AutoRCM mode, idling on RCM overnight, which would make it a bit of a chore to get it back into RCM to uninstall AutoRCM mode, and fix the issue... (even if yes it doesn't technically soft-brick your Switch, it still doesn't make it easy for a noob to repair it either), besides in most cases they'd likely not think to undo the AutoRCM to recalibrate the battery unless suggested to, especially if they don't know what AutoRCM does to begin with, which you'd be surprised how many people throw caution to the wind on something they don't know, or not IDK...

It's just a courtesy really to mention it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I left my switch in RCM mode on the jig tester payload overnight and it did "appear" dead for a while and had me a bit worried, but after leaving it on charge for a few hours it came back to life....bit of a scare at first, but doesn't appear to be any lasting harm

actually I'm not too sure now that I come to think of it, it did seem to only charge by getting it to start initialising horizon, the Nintendo logo would pop up and cut out almost immediately, after doing this a few times it eventually stayed on with the battery charging symbol.....idk how this would play out if I had auto RCM installed and couldn't get to the charging state, but as others seem to have been able to get the system back working with autoRCM installed so its probably somewhat similar I guess

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just use samba -.-

better yet set-up, and use a Live Linux USB (if you have a spare USB), and load the Lakka SD onto it that way you can manually drag'n drop your roms with little thought... besides it's good to have a Live Linux USB w/, or w/o persistence laying around anyways... (if you don't already have Linux elsewhere)

Reactions: Duhasst0

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use samba -.-

I would honestly prefer to use Linux to transfer files from the PC to SD card. I just figured since we have so many Windoze users here on the temp, that would help. I have never liked samba and always had issues using it and I would prefer to keep any potential Windoze network bugs away from any Linux distro I install. Personal preference only really. Also, I found it really easy back in the day to move things and add things to a dual boot Windoze Linux system.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some people claming audio is working ?

No that's why I said assuming

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i saw your dolphin commit is the core coming to lakka switch ? cant wait for reicast , if i can help you inject some cores let me know how

I tried but I failed, the core is too outdated

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro