Homebrew WIP Lakka.tv first release for Nintendo Switch

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The problem is that I don't want to run an exploit that needs several tools when switching between native and emulated games.
Once the sleep mode is fixed on Atmosphere and FG dongles are up, you can simply AutoRCM'd your Switch and violá! Dual coldboot into Lakka and Atmosphere :)

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't Vulkan alreally being used as linux-switch has HW Acceleration?
No it something different.
Woah, I thought Nintendo did a hardware lock to keep the cores underclockd, that's nice, Then we can assume the switch has the same potential as the Shield TV at running things like dolphin right? at least when using a linux distro.

Yeah we all are excited about this.
We're so hyped about getting dolphin emu on switch
Hopefully we can also could port damon ps2 pro on switch or could install nvidia shield tv OS (android) on switch to could buy and play graphics games like resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear solid 5. Of course besides a lot of emulators which is already there.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that I don't want to run an exploit that needs several tools when switching between native and emulated games.

Then wait for a few months/years and somebody might figure out a dualboot solution. This stage of the hacking scene is already impressive, give it some more time!

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it runs at 1.9GHz
Did you feel any change on Nintendo switch fan? Is it running stronger or just normal?

1.9ghz and with 4GB of ram it's more than enough to run gamecube games and hopefully ps2 via damon.
I hope we can get this speed 1.9ghz on Nintendo switch os (horizon) to get the benefits in emulators.

Thanks for sharing this information to us.

Last edited by Fadi5555,
D

Deleted User

i did an benchmark the switch runs at 1,9 ghz speed and its running just fine you would need to fix the gpu to 1ghz ofc

Reactions: Fadi5555

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The fan never turns on actually
So it works exactly like a shield TV when using linux huh, that's interesting
No I mean here is the fan sound is becoming more stronger or just as normal.
Sorry if you get my question wrong.
The fan sound can't become stronger if it doesn't turn ON

D

Deleted User

we can save say if you keep your switch connected to your power supply you can run the switch without any heat issues like the Nvidia Shield , i was running the switch for 3 Hours at 1,9 Ghz no issues no shut downs etc gpu was at 768 mhz

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we can save say if you keep your switch connected to your power supply you can run the switch without any heat issues like the Nvidia Shield , i was running the switch for 3 Hours at 1,9 Ghz no issues no shut downs etc gpu was at 768 mhz

Wow that's really impressive. We hope one day we can install nvidia shield tv os on switch.
Abou gpu I think there's a trick to make it up to 1ghz. I'm not sure.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_1170.PNG
    IMG_1170.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by Fadi5555,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum