erimatai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi there!
I'm running a problem when some emulators (ex. Snes9x for 3DS) run and start the game.
For example, when I open Donkey Kong Country, select a game slot and show the overworld map, appears for several seconds "Saving SRAM in SD..."
I know this is normal but before the message appeared briefly.
Same thing happens when I close Retroarch, if opened a game with SRAM, takes a while to save the same SRAM in Micro SD and then close the emulator.
I was thinking a problem with my Micro SD card, I've even tried with it to know if it was fake, but the tests don't show me a fake card.
And I formatted several times, even with MiniTool Partition Wizard.
I've CFW (Luma3DS) and the 11.9 firm, thanks in advance and I hope to be the clearest with my problem.:)

erimatai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I tried that, well, I think a ¿bug? in the Snes9x for 3DS. I tested Retroarch today but seems to work fine, and the 3DS games installed in the SD through CIA works normally. But it's strange recently Snes9x takes a while to save in SRAM.
Thanks!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, well, I think a ¿bug? in the Snes9x for 3DS. I tested Retroarch today but seems to work fine, and the 3DS games installed in the SD through CIA works normally. But it's strange recently Snes9x takes a while to save in SRAM.
Thanks!
Are you using Snes9x for the 3DS v1.30?

You can try deleting the *.cfg files found at:
  • sdmc:/snes9x_3ds.cfg
  • sdmc:/3ds/snes9x_3ds/snes9x_3ds.cfg
  • Individual *.cfg in the same directory as the DKC rom
, and then try reselecting the SRAM setting. On my n3DSXL, snes9x does a lot of SRAM saving for this game (used the v1.1) so I turned it off. Maybe the saving takes longer on the o3DS, o2DS, and o3DSXL.

erimatai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Are you using Snes9x for the 3DS v1.30?

You can try deleting the *.cfg files found at:
  • sdmc:/snes9x_3ds.cfg
  • sdmc:/3ds/snes9x_3ds/snes9x_3ds.cfg
  • Individual *.cfg in the same directory as the DKC rom
, and then try reselecting the SRAM setting. On my n3DSXL, snes9x does a lot of SRAM saving for this game (used the v1.1) so I turned it off. Maybe the saving takes longer on the o3DS, o2DS, and o3DSXL.

Sorry for the delay to answer you, I'm a little busy and yeah, I'm using Snes9x for 3DS v1.30.
That's strange, disabling the autosave delay of SRAM for manual (touching the screen), fixed the long delay :mellow:
I tested with DKC and another problematic game that saves literally 60 seconds the SRAM file: Kirby Dream Land 3.
I was testing a lot with that two games and the message appears normally (for a briefly moment).
Well I was thinking a problem with my Micro SD card because I forced the shutdown many times and some files got corrupted. Appears to be fine, but If I have the same problem I gonna delete the .cfg files, as you said.
Thanks for your help!^_^

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you mentioned data corruption, try this:
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat (if bigger than 32 GB).
  3. Full Write + Verify Test the empty card with H2testw. Do not skip this step.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • If an error was reported, you may stop the test. Replace the hardware failed card.
    • Or, complete the test and report your results by text or image.

erimatai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi again!
I tested one more time the Micro SD card, and appears to be fine.
Anyway, I gonna making backups of the SD, if I can, everyday, just for not lose any saved game of 3DS game or SRAM corruption. I'm aware of that.:unsure:
Thanks for helping me a lot!^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys