Hacking Lag, audio problems, freezing, etc

MisterKilroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. Acekard 2i finally came in. I tried it out yesterday (without formatting) using a 1gb Kingston microSD that was sitting around and everything worked like a dream. No lag, audio was fine, and HG even loaded. Seeing that the cart worked fine, I went out and grabbed a Sandisk 4gb microSDHC and formatted it to FAT32 with the Panasonic formatter. Most games work pretty well, but I'm having some pretty annoying issues in others. From the games I've tried, there's in-game lag in Platinum and Phoenix Wright that wasn't there on the other card, HG won't load (though, as I see, that's a common problem), and Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass both freeze during cutscenes (intro in PH, princess meeting in ST--though I can't confirm that those worked on the other card) plus some audio issues throughout.

So. Is there a way to work around these problems with the 4gb card or will I just have to limit myself to less storage for better performance?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
There shouldn't be a problem with the space. I have a 4 gigabyte SDHC Transcend and it works like magic. Dunno why you are having a problem. It may be that you have a low class card. I have a class 6.

MisterKilroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, damn. I suppose I could've read the packaging a bit better. The large "5" is for the 5-year warranty...not the class. A bit more obscured, turns out it's a class 2. So. Where might one obtain an affordable card that's a bit better than the best Walmart had to offer?

Would that fix the freezing in the LoZ games, though? Updating AKAIO fixed HG, though it worked with the older version on the other card.

MisterKilroy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: A faster card does, indeed, fix the freezing issues. So I suppose a class 6 it is. Class 4 does the job judging from these replies, but if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Thanks again for the answers! Problem solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.