L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn’t work bc reicast doesn’t work on arm64 just like pcsx2 I compiled the redream emulator from libretro and it worked but games would not run at all

Damn, really? Guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to get some standalones to work on this until an ARM64 build rises up. Does there exist a standalone version of Reicast for Linux that happens to have ARM64 support? Or any other DC emulator, for that matter?

burt111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, really? Guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to get some standalones to work on this until an ARM64 build rises up. Does there exist a standalone version of Reicast for Linux that happens to have ARM64 support? Or any other DC emulator, for that matter?
No that’s my point in saying I tried I’m used to building on arm for testing purposes some emulators just don’t work on arm reicast and pcsx2 are the most notable

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that’s my point in saying I tried I’m used to building on arm for testing purposes some emulators just don’t work on arm reicast and pcsx2 are the most notable

I see. Unfortunately, I'm in college right now and don't have time to really work with this or fire up my hacked Switch and do any research on this and trying to configure everything. Who knows, given a week or two, this will become more polished and become the new go-to homebrew solution on the Switch, so maybe it will be a blessing in disguise!

mhamd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't use external usb mouse with dock and without dock, can't use usb keyboard.

Is there something I miss it?

Sorry for bad english

De4dm4sterBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem. Let's team up, maybe also have a chat. I'm trying to resolve this issue but till now 2 SD and some trials didn't work at all.
I've tried a 128 GB SAMSUNG EVO PLUS and 64 GB SAMSUNG EVO PLUS SD cards.

its a good idea, but i've tried LOTS of workarounds with no success

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Extract this to the first partition of your sdcard, making sure to overwrite Image and tegra210-icosa.dtb."

Where is this "first partition?"

GibboHull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Extract this to the first partition of your sdcard, making sure to overwrite Image and tegra210-icosa.dtb."

Where is this "first partition?"
You need to use a program to mount the downloaded image to your SD card, I use etch.

Once you have done so inserting your SD card into the PC will bring up a folder structure as normal, this is your first parition.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
bug: suddenly DNS requests cant resolve, despite manually set DNS on network setting to 1.1.1.1

workaround: edit /etc/resolv.conf

add these lines
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 8.8.8.8

then reconnect to wifi.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"authentification is required to unmount SC400 (/dev/mmcblk0p2) mounted by another user."

Cannot resize without the password...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just realized how to switch to vulkan in dolphin. it seems to be running well except i see no video, just black screen. any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii