RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    It's being working on, no eta I guess

2. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I'm pretty sure they've already managed to do it, their is a post earlier in this thread saying that they were just waiting for official binaries with a video attached of lakka going into sleep mode(s2idle). Possibly they're perfecting it, or possibly they're waiting for june 15th ;P, who knows.

Csmrcc likes this.
  3. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Quick question: My volume control seems to have been disabled and is at a fixed volume now. I've probably changed an option I shouldn't have and now the volume buttons don't work. Anyone know what I could have adjusted and how to fix it?

enigma85 likes this.
  4. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Not 100% sure whats happened, quite possibly you have changed a setting in your retroarch configuration file that has caused the issue. Try opening the Lakka folder on the root of your SD card and replacing the main .cfg file.
    Under Lakka/system, I believe their is a hidden file, and the path should be(You will need to have SHOW HIDDEN FILES ENABLED on your PC)

Lakka/system/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

Replace the retroarch.cfg with a fresh copy(you can get a clean retroarch.cfg just by booting into lakka once from any other SD card for the first time).

I have used a replacement .cfg file more than once and it has solved many problems when I've messed around with settings and trying to improve game performance. It won't affect saved games/states or anything else, so their is no risk. Let me know how you go and if it solves your problem ;).

Last edited by Jackson98, Jun 12, 2019
    Shaneus likes this.
  5. Jordaneale

Jordaneale Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    Canada
    Anyone else having issues with Eternal darkness for the gamecube? I can't get it to run, just gets stuck on a black screen.

6. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Worked! For some reason it still doesn't work in the menu but it works in-game, which is what it was doing before. Thanks for the tip!

Jackson98 likes this.
  7. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Try going to the dolphin settings and changing the CPU core from JIT to either interpreter/cached interpreter. If you can load up, make a save state or save the game, then try and reload either with JIT so that you can get the game running as fast as possible. Some games have problems because of Safe Texture Cachen option slider which isn't available in the librerto core, but hopefully the above suggestion solves the problem.

Last edited by Jackson98, Jun 13, 2019
  8. Freeze1919

Freeze1919 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Australia
    I know the wireless bluetooth drivers don't work for this and hence the dock option was removed. Is having wired controller options a possibility for lakka atm though? For example the gamecube official nintendo controller as wired through the dock, as in the one they released for smash bros :P?

9. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Thank you for your tests. Have you tried with Metal gear Solid Peace Walker in PPSSPP ?, I find that the interface appears invisible and I do not know how to solve it. On Wii, you have tried The Last Story and Xenoblade ?, can you play with some compressed format ?, because the Isos weigh a lot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update from 15 Junio Where?

10. Deathbot64

Deathbot64 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    Does anyone know what the sleep mode update will be out?

11. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I have only tried Xenoblade in Ubuntu. From the performance their I can tell you it doesn't run fast enough to consider yet. If you wan't to compress ISO files, I use Wiibackupmanager and convert to WBFS. Wii games like both of which you mentioned are much too demanding for Dolphin to run well on the switch. Even the Wii couldn't handle the Last Story in certain situations :P. For Metal gear try disabling Fastmem and some of the speed hacks.

12. landysmods

landysmods Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    Australia
    Anybody managed to get Simpsons Hit & Run working at all? For me it just hangs on the first screen.

13. Mario119

Mario119 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Don't know if the dev checks this thread much, or if it's even feasible to implement but a Reboot to Payload option would be really nice. Having to connect my Switch to my PC or phone and pushing a payload each time I want to boot back into Horizon is a bit of a chore.

14. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Just managed to get cheats working for PPSSPP.

Under Lakka/Storage/Savefiles/PSP/CHEATS
    gamefiles appear once you enable internal cheats in PPSSPP options then boot a game once.
    Now Both
    God of War Sparta/Olympus run full speed on stock CPU, with consistent 30fps hack :)

15. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    They are aware of this. It is the most requested feature (requested by myself included).

16. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    I'm curious but why does Lakka support wired JoyCons while the L4T one doesn't? Has something new been implemented?

17. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    In the L4T thread, someone explained it. Basically (as I understand it), the controllers need to be connected before Lakka initialises. Since there's no way to do that (currently), they went with them being plugged in. If I find the OP, I'll edit this one and link it here.

[EDIT] Found it.
    The actual post can be seen here.

Last edited by Mouser X, Jun 16, 2019
  18. Reynardine

Reynardine Wrote in ancient letters, my name is Reynardine

Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Negativland
    Say, has anyone managed to get Splinter Cell 1 to run on dolphin?
    I've tried Mario Sunshine, the Zeldas, Rayman 3 and Resident Evil so far and they all work fine, but Splinter Cell immediately crashes on boot.

I've tried changing the cpu core to interpreter but that didn't help.
    Are there any other settings I could try changing to get it to load?

I'm still drooling over the fact the I can play Gamecube games at all, it's unreal...

Last edited by Reynardine, Jun 16, 2019
  19. Jackson98

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    Hit and run works, just be patient :P. Make sure to turn off Vsync aswell. Also check the controller configurations to make sure it has GC as player one, deselected for me the first time.

landysmods likes this.
  20. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    How does the N64 Virtual Games work like Wii Majoras Mask in Lakka?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted