RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. NRamos

NRamos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I have an issue with both DBZ Budokai 1 and 2 for the Gamecube.
    The annoying thing is that both games do this slightly shake up screen up and down very quickly and bothers your eyes while looking at the screen, does somebody has a setting to stop that?
    My settings were in Vulkan Drive, Max performance CPU.

2. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    So I've found the solution for this, in case anyone was wondering. You still kinda need to follow the instructions here, except rather than doing the first step, create a new file under /lakka/storage/.cache called "timezone" (no extension). And inside it, put the following line (without quotations):
    "TIMEZONE=Europe/Rome"
    where your region is taken from this page (so now I'm using Australia/Melbourne).

Just tested it, and now the correct time appears in Retroarch and any games that pull the local clock setting from the device. Yay!

Upaluppa, klear and Mouser X like this.
  3. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for figuring that out. I was having the same problem, except that it didn't bother me enough to find a solution. So definitely thank you! I'll have to use this, I think.

Shaneus likes this.
  4. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    I'm trying to get this running on my 8.1 Switch. Hekate doesn't say it's compatible with my FW, is there another version I'm missing, or something else? I go to Launch > More Configs > Lakka, but I just end up on a black screen.
    Did I miss something when setting this up?

5. Mario119

Mario119 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Did you format your SD card as FAT32 with a 32kb cluster size? It doesn't seem to boot unless you set up your SD card in that specific way.

rufuszombot likes this.
  6. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    That was exactly my problem. I feel dumb for missing that; thank you so much.

Mario119 likes this.
  7. Mario119

Mario119 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Not a problem! And just as a note, FAT32 will only let you transfer and store files up to 4GB. So if you would want to fit any larger games such Wii games you'll need to compress them to a format such as WBFS.

8. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    Thanks for the info, I already have them all in wbfs for my actual Wii.
    Now if only I could play in docked with my gamecube controller adapter.

9. An_Hero

An_Hero Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2018
    United States
    This may be too specific of a question, but maybe the controls are similar for other Wii games. I'm playing the practice mode of Mario Super Sluggers. I figured out the controls for charging pitches (I have the "Input" setting in Lakka as "Wiimote sideways") as being rotate the left stick to lock the charge up and then press right trigger to throw the charged pitch. Cool. I then go to batting and can't figure out how to hold the charge (which is right trigger to charge for batting). It charges, but immediately releases. I've been mashing buttons and occasionally get it to hold but can't single out which buttons hold the charge. The in-game instructions say to pull the wiimote back, then do a swing motion (or downward thrust with the wiimote, I guess). I can't figure out that mapping in this emulator for such an action. Thanks for any help on this.

10. PokOeLe

PokOeLe Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Afghanistan
    May I ask you how did you set up your foders/files to boot this ?
    My trinket boots up on Simple UF2, and I can't find a way to make Lakka Run

11. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States

I used Arduino IDE to put my code and payload on my trinket m0. It worked best than that UF2

I also setup my hekate_ipl.ini to autoboot the Lakka

[config]
    autoboot=1
    autoboot_list=0
    bootwait=3
    customlogo=1
    verification=2
    backlight=160
    autohosoff=0
    [Lakka]
    payload=lakka/boot/coreboot.rom
    logopath=lakka/boot/bootlogo.bmp

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

my Arduino code is at https://github.com/ELY3M/sam-fusee-launcher-internal---modded-by-ELY-M

kornychaos likes this.
  12. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    I also have Lakka running fine on my other switch that is on 8.1.0 FW no issues

13. Matchitza

Matchitza Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2017
    Indonesia
    Or you can use Dolphin to compress it, a very simple process. My Wii Sports rom was compressed from 4 GB to 438 MB which is very impressive.

Although I'm not sure Lakka's Dolphin can run .gcz files, I've never tried it.

14. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    I know I asked about enabling cheats on Lakka on my switch. I figured it out myself.

here is the video of me enabling the cheats in the settings. I know it is buried deep in the settings.

15. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    i don't see citra in this build of lakka. is there a way to install citra?

i know it probably won't run well, i just want to test it anyways.

16. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I don't think you can just add a core. You'd have to recompile the entire Lakka with it yourself. How? I personally have no idea.

I know for a fact it wouldn't even be worth the trouble.

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Can confirm, it works :)

I don't think you have to compile it all at the same time. Before this came out I compiled Retroarch for L4T and copied the Genesis Plus GX core file into this Lakka build, and it happened to work. Probably blind luck though, I was surprised it did.

18. PokOeLe

PokOeLe Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Afghanistan

Thank you for the great explanation. I will try to directly boot Hekate.

My set up now boots UF2, that chainboots the last version of Hekate-ctcaer 4.10.1. , from that I'm trying to boot Lakka. But .... I can't boot both Ubuntu l4t or Lakka l4t.
    I've tried many SD cards, tried to format them with different tools, but nothing. Or the screen becomes black with the backlight on, or I arrive only to the Lakka Logo splashscreen.... and it stays there forever.
    I'm going crazy for this :wacko:.

19. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    United States
    Yoooo all we need are sleep mode and dock support and we're golden!

Last edited by FightingPolygon, Jun 24, 2019
    sorabora and Josshy0125 like this.
  20. wizra

wizra GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    Has there been any updates to this? I tried some GC games about a month ago, was decent... but unplayable even with Vulkan settings and max overclock. Does anyone know if it’s better now?