RELEASE L4T Lakka Switch - now with audio and Vulkan

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, May 15, 2019.

1. landysmods

landysmods Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    Australia
    Great! Thanks for the tips

Jackson98 likes this.
  2. BeniBel

BeniBel Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2013
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Just installed Laka for the first time, all is working well but I'm having one problem. It seems as the standard analog position is a bit up, making scrolling through game menus a bit hard. Anyone else had this problem?

3. rainkart

rainkart Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    United States
    I encountered this too, like in Melee's character select, or during Mario's idle animation in Sunshine. What fixed it for me was going into >settings >input, and changing the Analog Deadzone to 0.1

BeniBel likes this.
  4. knightowl

knightowl Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United States
    So I managed to get Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) running smoothly (settings available upon request), however I've run into an issue while saving.

Any time I try to save, it says "Could not access the Wii System Memory", and then "Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details."

EDIT: Nvm figured it out. For anyone running into this problem, navigate over to "lakka\storage\savefiles\User\Wii\title\00010000\52555550\data" on your SD and create a file named "rvforest.dat". This fixes the ability to save for the PAL version of AC Wii.

Last edited by knightowl, Jun 19, 2019
  5. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    saving works fine in the NSMBW mod i've been playing

6. hugofthunder

hugofthunder Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Why am I feeling so bad now?
    Is there some way to make this work with SXOS? I love emulation

7. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    It doesn't matter which CFW you use; Lakka runs independently of Horizon OS. However, you do need to launch it from Hekate, if I'm not mistaken

hugofthunder likes this.
  8. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    If your using the SXOS dongle or you wan't to go through SX OS for whatever reason, just put the boot.dat on the root of your SD and the hekate payload also and just do it through Options/launch other payload. Once hekate is running, its dead easy. Aslong as all the extracted files for Lakka are on the root, Launch/More Configs/Lakka.

hugofthunder likes this.
  9. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Thanks, both! I'm unfamiliar with Hekate though, I have AutoRCM enabled, is it possible to have another microsd with Hekate/Lakka and another for SXOS and I can just switch them(pardon the pun)?

10. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    Yes, that should be completely possible, if you don't want them on the same SD card

hugofthunder likes this.
  11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's no need to use two sd cards I have SXOS and all you need to do is leave the files for both SXOS and Hekate and Lakka all on your sd card and just send whatever payload you want. Just send Hekate payload to get to Lakka then when you're done just turn it off and send SXOS payload. I have AutoRCM too.

hugofthunder likes this.
  12. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Well the thing is my existing SXOS is using an exfat microsd and I've read that I need fat32 for Lakka so that's what I was mainly thinking about

13. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Well I would change your main sd card to Fat32 tbh. But if you're not receptive to doing that (it has all benefits and no negatives if you're willing to learn how to usb install your games which isn't hard) then yeah you'd have to use two sd cards.

hugofthunder likes this.
  14. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Well, I guess it's worth a shot but I'm not sure that when I format to fat32 I can just move my current card contents back, not to mention XCIs. Also, I'm due for an upgrade anyway, if I buy another card then I'll have a spare. But then again, the convenience of just one card is tempting.

So if I get Hekate up and running is it easy to switch to SXOS and back?

15. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yes those are payloads and they only last as long as you leave the Switch powered on they're not permanent. Let's say you're using SXOS you turn off the switch, send the hekate payload and choose lakka bam you're in lakka. Wanna go back to SX OS shut down the switch again, send SX OS payload it's that simple. There's no issue with leaving both of the files for hakate and SXOS on your sd card so there's no issue at all. Of course it's even easier if you use AutoRCM, if not you have to use a jig each time.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 18, 2019
    hugofthunder likes this.
  16. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Oh wait a sec, do I need two payloads then for this? I only have one set up for SXOS. So two dongles?

17. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    You only need one dongle. Do you have the SX Pro dongle? Put the Hekate payload on the root of your SD card and turn your console off. Then boot it up into RCM mode with the dongle inserted and hold VOL+ while it's booting to get to the SX boot menu. Then click Options - Payloads and choose the Hekate payload. Then in Hekate choose Launch - More configs and choose Lakka.

Last edited by stick267, Jun 19, 2019
    hugofthunder likes this.
  18. Shaneus

Shaneus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    Australia
    Is it possible to get to the command line for this via USB? I need to change the timezone from default to Australian Eastern Time, but only have USB connection between my Switch and PC. And I can't find the config for timezones anywhere on the SD card.

I've tried following this, but it assumes you can get your PC and the Switch on the same network (which I cannot):
    https://github.com/libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC/wiki/Timezone-settings

I can see the Switch appears on the PC via a serial connection on COM8, but no idea how to utilise that, either.

19. hugofthunder

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Philippines
    I have this white dongle which loads SXOS. So even if I boot to Hekate, I can turn off the Switch, use the dongle and the default boot would still be SXOS?

20. Freeze1919

Freeze1919 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Australia
    correct

hugofthunder likes this.