[KYT] Know Your Temps, changes and more!

Shall I continue KYT or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
6t24he.png

As most of you know, I have ran the last editions of KYT.
A project started by @[M]artin and has been passed down to several members before ending with me.

The last editions of KYT mostly consisted of out-of-EOF jokes, circlejerking, empty sessions and overflowing "seasons".
Not to mention it becoming a popularity contest and an excuse to post stupid shit.
Granted, several members have made excellent KYT sessions, along with 1 user who even made short videos of himself answering the questions.
(whoever it is, please let me know so I can add it to the thread and shine you in glory <З)

For the past half year+, I have been thinking a lot about how to revamp KYT.
I have come up with some ideas which I'm still trying to work out the flaws, see how well it fits and what not.
So far, the best idea I had is as follows.
Excuse the mess, it hasn't been formatted properly nor is it finished.

KYT v2 will be very similar to KYT v1, the major change in it is that users are able to send in questions which will be collected up and sorted to make a small interview for a randomly selected temper.
The questions can range from favorite food to opinions on certain games, pretty much no change there.
The temper being on the question stand will be selected by me from a pool of users who signed up for the new KYT.
I will prioritize lesser known members over well known members purely for the fact that the well known members are.. well.. well known!
This doesn't mean that the well known members won't have a chance to show up in KYT, it just means that others are more likely to be put in the spotlight.
Requirements to participate in KYT will also be updated, activity being one of the major issues.

Now you might say: "But Dino, KYT is there for us to ask questions to tempers!"
That certainly is true and that is something that I want to keep, every temper can send in their questions!
However, the problem with users asking questions to others is what I addressed earlier, mainly the shitposting and out-of-EOF jokes.

"But why the change, KYT v1 was good as it is!"
KYT will still be KYT, just updated.
One of the main reasons for updating KYT is simply that well known members and EoF users get a fuck ton of questions whilst newcomers barely gain any attention.
Despite the various guidelines in KYT, a lot of users simply didn't participate after their session ended and some only replied to sessions of well known members.
This is something I want to prevent.
Everyone must get an equal chance on this.

"I see, but I participated in every KYT session and am a well known member, will this affect my chances?"
No, if you feel you're being treated wrongly due to being a well known member, please, don't hesitate to PM me, I am more then sure we'll work something out.

"I feel I have something that will benefit KYT in the future!"
Please, by all means, share it in this thread!
I initially thought changing KYT would be simple... boy was I wrong about that.
It takes a lot of thinking to work out a properly functioning event like this!

"Does that mean KYT is returning!?"
Short answer: yes.
Before you ask, sign ups haven't started yet.

"I'm interested in helping you with KYT, can I help"
I don't see why not, if you feel you can positively contribute to KYT, feel free to send me a PM or ping me in this thread if you want it publicly.

As you can see, I haven't forgotten about KYT even tho the impression might have been that I have.
I want to make KYT as exciting as it was a couple of years ago and give everyone a chance in it!
Having it work out without having it turn into a shitfest of memes, out-of-EOF jokes, empty sessions and circlejerking is a daunting task.
If you have some opinions about it or advice for me, please, feel free to do so!
I really hope that with a bit of work from the community, KYT can be restored to its glory days!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good idea! There should be some way to provide user specific questions though some way. For example, some may be interested in asking streaming related questions to our streamers, or mod / staff question to staff, and so on. But I like the interview-y idea! :D

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've always enjoyed KYT sessions, both from the asking and receiving sides. Glad to see the idea's still going strong and you're making efforts to improve the experience! :D

Same here!
Got really bummed out by the last KYT that some users, despite agreeing to participate in asking questions still managed to not do so.
Which ended up in very few questions for others.
Some didn't gave a fuck and barely participated, which isn't fair towards the other participators.
Up to the point of where booting people off off the list became pointless as they already had their session.

Anyway, I hope that the new KYT I'm working on will eliminate this.
The only question is how to execute it, especially the questions pool.
Got a few ideas but I'm first relying on feedback of the community itself.
Would be a pity to ruin KYT singlehandedly by changing it to much ;p

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What about this:

1. You collect questions in advance like you said already
  2. Two or three people answer questions at the same time (so it doesn't matter if one or two are boring, and it goes faster)
  3. You ask questions from the pool if no one asks a question (you probably won't need to use pool questions in the beginning as people will ask the questions hopefully)
  4. Otherwise they all answer the question given by a member of the public
  5. You make a "points" system for people that submit good questions in advance, and also during the question time
  6. People with more "points" are more likely to go next
  7. Well-known members go last like you said already said (so people will be wanting to ask questions early and will ask questions of the lesser known members, and they'll get more attention).
  8. You decide on the first three or four rounds of people based on the questions you receive in advance, and announce the next couple of rounds on the 2nd last round (so you are able to modify the order based on people's question-asking prowess but still give some notice).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've added a voting option to poll the interest in KYT.
I was actually surprised by the low amount of replies which later sparked into a blog AMA fad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Constantly on web forums complaining about how wronged they have been, instead of taking action...