Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have zero interest of going online. I made the decision to hack my system after the appalling online trial period.

I read in another thread that GoldLeaf is the only application that can install and bypass the 8.0 firmware update for games. Is this true? Because I'm only updating because I was confused about sigpatches, though I've never had problems.

It used to be but it is no longer correct as newer games firmware bypass method wouldn't work, it depends on what firmware the game/update was developed under which sdk. Sig patches allow you to run unsigned homebrew and games.

That still works even if the game was developed using the newer sdk, the only time it doesn't work is if the game uses a newer api call from the newer sdk, only a handful of games/updates require you to be on 8.x.x. However, just updated to 8.1.0, everything works with it at this point.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm having issues with Kosmos Toolbox. Every time I try to open it, it just crashes. It didn't do this before but now it is. I even tried updating Kosmos. Same thing.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue with the hekate nyx / Kosmos configuration.

So I was on ReiNX and OFW 5.1 for a long time unbanned and I figured to start using emuMMC so I can start playing the new games like Fire Emblem. I restored my NAND backup 5.1 to go back to my pre-CFW state, then used a new bigger mSD to make a partition for emuMMC and placed the Kosmos files into it.

So emuMMC was setup properly, and I enabled it.
Now, emuMMC is (5.1 AMS 0.9.2) and i wanted to update it to 8.1.0.
I booted to emuMMC via Payloads > fusee-gelee.bin. It booted up with the Atmosphere (only) logo and I renamed my device "CFW" from the System Settings, then I used ChoidujourNX to update that partition to (8.1.0 AMS 0.9.2).
This of course activated AutoRCM.
I used emuMMC-toggler.nro to "deactivate emuMMC" which I thought would automatically let me boot into OFW.
I ran reboot-to-payload and turn off device from hekate.
I try to boot the Switch normally, and it won't boot (autorcm is still active).
Fine, I tried checking the fuses burnt using briccmii, and i see 6 fuses.
So I boot into hekate again and manually turned off AutoRCM then tried the Launch > Stock SysNAND option.

Now here's my confusion. What are "CFW SysNAND", "CFW EmuMMC" and "Stock SysNAND" in the launch options? The Stock SysNAND option boots and shows the Atmosphere SEPT and Kosmos screens, then boots into the OFW Horizon, but now in 8.1.0....
And my fuses have been burnt (9 fuses). Fine it was my mistake, can't go back to 5.1 anymore. I of course backed up a "stock" 8.1.0 NAND again.
When Stock SysNAND boots with the Atmosphere SEPT and Kosmos screens, is it considered not clean anymore as well? I can't back this NAND up for clean restoration in the future anymore? I stopped at that point. I haven't gone online but I will probably be banned soon.

Thanks

Last edited by altorn,
D

Deleted User

I have an issue with the hekate nyx / Kosmos configuration.

So I was on ReiNX and OFW 5.1 for a long time unbanned and I figured to start using emuMMC so I can start playing the new games like Fire Emblem. I restored my NAND backup 5.1 to go back to my pre-CFW state, then used a new bigger mSD to make a partition for emuMMC and placed the Kosmos files into it.

So emuMMC was setup properly, and I enabled it.
Now, emuMMC is (5.1 AMS 0.9.2) and i wanted to update it to 8.1.0.
I booted to emuMMC via Payloads > fusee-gelee.bin. It booted up with the Atmosphere (only) logo and I renamed my device "CFW" from the System Settings, then I used ChoidujourNX to update that partition to (8.1.0 AMS 0.9.2).
This of course activated AutoRCM.
I used emuMMC-toggler.nro to "deactivate emuMMC" which I thought would automatically let me boot into OFW.
I ran reboot-to-payload and turn off device from hekate.
I try to boot the Switch normally, and it won't boot (autorcm is still active).
Fine, I tried checking the fuses burnt using briccmii, and i see 6 fuses.
So I boot into hekate again and manually turned off AutoRCM then tried the Launch > Stock SysNAND option.

Now here's my confusion. What are "CFW SysNAND", "CFW EmuMMC" and "Stock SysNAND" in the launch options? The Stock SysNAND option boots and shows the Atmosphere SEPT and Kosmos screens, then boots into the OFW Horizon, but now in 8.1.0....
And my fuses have been burnt (9 fuses). Fine it was my mistake, can't go back to 5.1 anymore. I of course backed up a "stock" 8.1.0 NAND again.
When Stock SysNAND boots with the Atmosphere SEPT and Kosmos screens, is it considered not clean anymore as well? I can't back this NAND up for clean restoration in the future anymore? I stopped at that point. I haven't gone online but I will probably be banned soon.

Thanks

If Stock SysNAND starts with the Atmosphere Splash Logo Then The Payload is not Working,

I will explain the
CFW SysNAND", "CFW EmuMMC" and "Stock SysNAND" in the launch options

CFW SysNAND is booted from the original NAND (not emuMMC) ATMOSPHERE
CFW EmuNAND is booted from the emulated emuMMC with ATMOSPHERE

Stock SysNAND is the OFW booted from the systems NAND
Stock EmuNAND is the OFW booted from the emulated emuMMC

Your Fuses have already been burnt so try to boot without a payload using switches bootloader see what happens.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
If Stock SysNAND starts with the Atmosphere Splash Logo Then The Payload is not Working,

I will explain the

CFW SysNAND is booted from the original NAND (not emuMMC) ATMOSPHERE
CFW EmuNAND is booted from the emulated emuMMC with ATMOSPHERE

Stock SysNAND is the OFW booted from the systems NAND
Stock EmuNAND is the OFW booted from the emulated emuMMC

Your Fuses have already been burnt so try to boot without a payload using switches bootloader see what happens.

Thanks for the explanation.
I might've booted into CFW SysNAND once before backing up the 8.1.0 Stock SysNAND.
I can boot normally into Horizon without any payload. it's now on 8.1.0.
Can I still consider my Stock SysNAND clean and available to go online?
My guess is it's now dirty and I can get banned anytime if I go online?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Thanks for the explanation.
I might've booted into CFW SysNAND once before backing up the 8.1.0 Stock SysNAND.
I can boot normally into Horizon without any payload. it's now on 8.1.0.
Can I still consider my Stock SysNAND clean and available to go online?
My guess is it's now dirty and I can get banned anytime if I go online?

If you restored your clean 8.1.0 NAND backup it is clean BUT if you went online with your dirty NAND you have a chance for a ban and also it depends on the homebrew you used as well.

LayeredFS for example increases the chances for a ban, i have a dirty NAND right now and only used checkpoint 2 months ago not banned yet. If you are lucky you wont be banned.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you restored your clean 8.1.0 NAND backup it is clean BUT if you went online with your dirty NAND you have a chance for a ban and also it depends on the homebrew you used as well.

LayeredFS for example increases the chances for a ban, i have a dirty NAND right now and only used checkpoint 2 months ago not banned yet. If you are lucky you wont be banned.

I haven't gone online yet with 8.1.0 SysNAND. and my CFW emuMMC is ALWAYS offline. I backed up 8.1.0 Stock SysNAND, but I'm just gonna assume I will get banned one of these days. I will go online normally with my 8.1.0 SysNAND and boot into 8.1.0 emuMMC with hax until that time comes.

Thanks

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I ve been using cfw (emunand) and going on the eshop (sysnand) for long time and haven't been ban at least with eshop. I do not have a switch online membership tho so i m not sure if that has anything to do with it but i heard a person was ban as soon as they got a membership account

EDIT. To Stop Game Mods Online assume

Last edited by pcwizard7,
D

Deleted User

I ve been using cfw and going on the eshop for long time and haven't been ban at least with eshop. I do not have a switch online membership tho so i m not sure if that has anything to do with it but i heard a person was ban as soon as they got a membership account

I recently bought a game still no ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol