Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Switch running 2.3, and have trouble running Tinfoil. I have tried several versions, but I just get a black screen when running it, and I have to force shutdown by holding the power button. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a Switch running 2.3, and have trouble running Tinfoil. I have tried several versions, but I just get a black screen when running it, and I have to force shutdown by holding the power button. Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Yeah I encountered that problem on reinx, I think it had to do with my game card still in the slot. I just use hekate with sigpatches, that works for me.

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I encountered that problem on reinx, I think it had to do with my game card still in the slot. I just use hekate with sigpatches, that works for me.

Doesn't seem to work without a gamecard in the slot either. I use Hekate with the newest SDFiles... Are you running 2.3? I'm wondering if it has to do with using a FAT32 formatted card?

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, v8 was released and stuff - Thanks to @CTCaer for sending me a beta build! That saved me a lot of stress

Anyways its nearly 5am good night
on hakate 4.0 payloads using atmosphere_fusee-primary.bin it boots to a black screen and have to hard reset it. Code is display on the switch than after that it just boots to a black screen

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch's filesystem service has this bug since ever.

Connect your sd card to a windows PC and select everything inside.
Right click, properties, advanced, disable "folder/file is ready for archiving". Done.

Old thread but thanks for, homebrew now shows up.

But - installed nsp games now won't launch, "The software was closed because an error occurred".
Have to delete games and reinstall nsp from tinfoil.

Last edited by 877,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on hakate 4.0 payloads using atmosphere_fusee-primary.bin it boots to a black screen and have to hard reset it. Code is display on the switch than after that it just boots to a black screen
fusee primary should boot fine.
Edit: ah it's bug in fusee secondary. So not related.

Btw, SX OS has problem with hekate. (from github: )

Well...

That's because sx loader has incomplete hw init and assumes hw values.

This will only be "fixed" because, hekate is intended as a bootloader that can launch anything.
If they change the loader in the future for various reasons, this will be dropped through.

Last edited by mariogamer,

Laprox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lot of crash on 4.1 and layerFS...
Same here, I've been inactive for a while and I decided to update the SD Files: I crashed when Launching Homebrew Menu and on the Older Layered FS after going into HB menu, then using layered fs and go back into HB Menu I crash.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Minimal-SDFilesV8 still includes the sigpatch folder. Is this one really necessary?
Oops, that was on accident

Both zips are useless soon either way, don't worry :P

I can't use last version of app store: it starts but button's images aren't displayed.
Fixed
I have a lot of crash on 4.1 and layerFS...
Normal behavior
I don't have music on home menu cfw+ xor play, why ?
Probably should ask XorTroll

Last edited by tomGER,

FINAL94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a bug on 4.1 + layerFS when i change controller the game crash end i must reboot the switch… this problem is start when i delete the file and i update on v8. Now i return on 7.3 and i have the same problem. Someone can help me?

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a bug on 4.1 + layerFS when i change controller the game crash end i must reboot the switch… this problem is start when i delete the file and i update on v8. Now i return on 7.3 and i have the same problem. Someone can help me?
That's a problem with LayeredFS, not my fault *shrug*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM