ROM Hack Korg DS-10 Hacking.

rushpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know it's really soon to be asking this, but last night after i played the Korg DS-10 i was a little disappointed in the options of the drum Samples. I know this is a real long shot but do you think it's possible to add samples to the game? Quite possibly samples from let's say fruity loops or some other program. I wouldn't have the slightest clue on doing it, i was just wondering if it was indeed possible. There's gotta be some big music fans out there like me who would like to see this. Thanks.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was something i was wondering as well. I mean, for now (i haven't *seen* any importing options), you CAN edit the drum beats to make your own sounds... but thats the only real way to change the samples.

While i would love to be able to use more realistic beats and instruments, i am truly impressed with how well this program is put together. Mad MAD props to Korg for this one. I'm looking forward to a day soon, where i can just work with this thing for a few hours. So much to do.

Oh, and i now have my own DS-style Kaosilator! YAY!!!
grog.gif

Fraesh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
theKorg is awesome but it would be awesome to import wav samples and loop them f.ex. or use them as drums ;P the drums in game are only sinus sound with effects xD synths sounds work like that ;P

rushpunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing it more something else i would like to see is multi track. I dont like the idea that in the song menu you can only select one pattern per row. Would it be possible to make it where you can play more than one pattern at a time in the song tracking area?

Im craving some real drum sounds as well.

This is possibly the coolest thing ive ever seen on the ds.

Yay Korg!

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the game work on your ds ?
i have a R4, when i launch the game ,i have a weird japaense sentence and I can't do anything

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
.NCGR are graphics files .NSCR files are tile maps .NANR are animation files .NCLR are pallette files
as far as i can tell all the sounds are in the demo folder compressed into .DAT files judging by their names anyway

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
looking a little further into some of the .NCGR files these are definitly graphics and can be veiwed in tiled 2002
with the gba4bpp and gba8bpp settings

Fraesh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pici said:
i have a R4, when i launch the game ,i have a weird japaense sentence and I can't do anything
Had the same too with hacked (older) R4 firmware on my M3 Simply, i got the newest firmware and voila working great

EDIT: btw, WTF?? there is only ONE sample and this is a sinus sound, ONE!!! the rest is effects! there are no drums, only effected sinus sound!! Never used a real synth? so if you hack this one sound it wouldnt make much sense o0

jacensday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Fraesh is right, the drum sounds are produced by the oscillator just like the synth sounds are. The drum sounds on the trigger pad in the software are probably just pre-set editing on the oscillator, not actual triggered samples.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
valyr said:
.NCGR are graphics files .NSCR files are tile maps .NANR are animation files .NCLR are pallette files
as far as i can tell all the sounds are in the demo folder compressed into .DAT files judging by their names anyway
You think so? All the .DAT files are less then 12 KB.

AerosolSP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a synthesizer...not a sequencer. The most you could do would be to have someone synthesizer a bunch of instruments (2 per pattern), and then make a save for everyone else to use, so that we may copy the synths. That's all.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
AerosolSP said:
This is a synthesizer...not a sequencer. The most you could do would be to have someone synthesizer a bunch of instruments (2 per pattern), and then make a save for everyone else to use, so that we may copy the synths. That's all.
Well thats that. We may just as well make a homebrew like FretFury.

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Fraesh said:
Pici said:
Had the same too with hacked (older) R4 firmware on my M3 Simply, i got the newest firmware and voila working great

EDIT: btw, WTF?? there is only ONE sample and this is a sinus sound, ONE!!! the rest is effects! there are no drums, only effected sinus sound!! Never used a real synth? so if you hack this one sound it wouldnt make much sense o0

Nope never used a synth lol prefer real instruments

playallday said:
QUOTE(valyr @ Jul 28 2008, 06:31 PM)
You think so? All the .DAT files are less then 12 KB.

as far as i can tell all the sounds are in the demo folder compressed into .DAT files judging by their names anyway if you couldn't tell i was guessing,
rofl2.gif
what does file size have to do with it when i downloaded the rom it was massively compressed without looking inside the files you just can't tell, all i'd looked at were the filenames

kemikal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phew, thanks for the tip on firmware guys. I was a bit stressed about that. GBATEMP saves me from losing too much hair.

Just had a quick play and it is a comprehensive package as fair as synth sequencers go. It has a lot of basic elements from other korg instruments. Going to try the wifi with my girl tonight to see how much fun that is.

I'm guessing the data exchange has a bit to do with swapping songs?

Fraesh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think you can excghange those profiles wich include songs/pattern/...

QUOTE said:
Nope never used a synth lol prefer real instruments
lol i play piano but i played on my teachers synth sometimes xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1