Korg DS-10 Hacking.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by rushpunk, Jul 27, 2008.

Jul 27, 2008

Korg DS-10 Hacking. by rushpunk at 6:28 PM (10,872 Views / 0 Likes) 43 replies

1. rushpunk
    OP

Newcomer rushpunk Member

United States
    Hey guys, I know it's really soon to be asking this, but last night after i played the Korg DS-10 i was a little disappointed in the options of the drum Samples. I know this is a real long shot but do you think it's possible to add samples to the game? Quite possibly samples from let's say fruity loops or some other program. I wouldn't have the slightest clue on doing it, i was just wondering if it was indeed possible. There's gotta be some big music fans out there like me who would like to see this. Thanks.

2. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    This was something i was wondering as well. I mean, for now (i haven't *seen* any importing options), you CAN edit the drum beats to make your own sounds... but thats the only real way to change the samples.

While i would love to be able to use more realistic beats and instruments, i am truly impressed with how well this program is put together. Mad MAD props to Korg for this one. I'm looking forward to a day soon, where i can just work with this thing for a few hours. So much to do.

Oh, and i now have my own DS-style Kaosilator! YAY!!! [​IMG]

3. Fraesh

Newcomer Fraesh Member

Germany
    theKorg is awesome but it would be awesome to import wav samples and loop them f.ex. or use them as drums ;P the drums in game are only sinus sound with effects xD synths sounds work like that ;P

4. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    any info on this?
    [​IMG]

5. evoo1

Member evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I'm pretty sure someone will come up with a solution for this. Hope someone takes a good look at the insides of the KORG soon.

6. shiroitaka

Member shiroitaka GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hopefully it will use the mic connection near the headphones as a line in for sampling [​IMG] im sure fiddling around with a headset and a spare phono lead could achieve this!

7. rushpunk
    OP

Newcomer rushpunk Member

United States
    After playing it more something else i would like to see is multi track. I dont like the idea that in the song menu you can only select one pattern per row. Would it be possible to make it where you can play more than one pattern at a time in the song tracking area?

Im craving some real drum sounds as well.

This is possibly the coolest thing ive ever seen on the ds.

Yay Korg!

8. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    After looking at Korg DS-10 it looks like you maybe can; The file system is very easy to hack.

EDIT: We need a Hex Hacker and I'm not one.

9. Pici

Member Pici GBAtemp Regular

France
    Does the game work on your ds ?
    i have a R4, when i launch the game ,i have a weird japaense sentence and I can't do anything

10. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    .NCGR are graphics files .NSCR files are tile maps .NANR are animation files .NCLR are pallette files
    as far as i can tell all the sounds are in the demo folder compressed into .DAT files judging by their names anyway

11. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    looking a little further into some of the .NCGR files these are definitly graphics and can be veiwed in tiled 2002
    with the gba4bpp and gba8bpp settings

12. Fraesh

Newcomer Fraesh Member

Germany
    Had the same too with hacked (older) R4 firmware on my M3 Simply, i got the newest firmware and voila working great

EDIT: btw, WTF?? there is only ONE sample and this is a sinus sound, ONE!!! the rest is effects! there are no drums, only effected sinus sound!! Never used a real synth? so if you hack this one sound it wouldnt make much sense o0

13. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    I love this thing, the Kaosilator is pretty cool and works as a nice beat machine for spittin freestyles!

Time to turn my flat into a rave! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Mmm Sst Mmm Sst Mmm Sst Mmm Sst [​IMG]

14. jacensday

Newcomer jacensday Member

United States
    I think Fraesh is right, the drum sounds are produced by the oscillator just like the synth sounds are. The drum sounds on the trigger pad in the software are probably just pre-set editing on the oscillator, not actual triggered samples.

15. playallday

Canada
    You think so? All the .DAT files are less then 12 KB.

16. AerosolSP

Newcomer AerosolSP Member

United States
    This is a synthesizer...not a sequencer. The most you could do would be to have someone synthesizer a bunch of instruments (2 per pattern), and then make a save for everyone else to use, so that we may copy the synths. That's all.

17. playallday

Canada
    Well thats that. We may just as well make a homebrew like FretFury.

18. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    as far as i can tell all the sounds are in the demo folder compressed into .DAT files judging by their names anyway if you couldn't tell i was guessing, [​IMG] what does file size have to do with it when i downloaded the rom it was massively compressed without looking inside the files you just can't tell, all i'd looked at were the filenames

19. kemikal

Newcomer kemikal Newbie

Australia
    Phew, thanks for the tip on firmware guys. I was a bit stressed about that. GBATEMP saves me from losing too much hair.

Just had a quick play and it is a comprehensive package as fair as synth sequencers go. It has a lot of basic elements from other korg instruments. Going to try the wifi with my girl tonight to see how much fun that is.

I'm guessing the data exchange has a bit to do with swapping songs?

20. Fraesh

Newcomer Fraesh Member

Germany
    i think you can excghange those profiles wich include songs/pattern/...

lol i play piano but i played on my teachers synth sometimes xD