Konami banned Kojima from Game Award.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
On December 3rd, 2015, "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" won the awards for Best Score/Soundtrack and Best Action/Adventure Game at the Game Awards ceremony. After the award was accepted by actor Kiefer Sutherland, who voiced the character Big Boss in the game, host Geoff Keighley announced that Hideo Kojima could not attend the ceremony due to his contract with Konami (shown below).

Really Konami, really?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even like the Metal Gear franchise (outside of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) and I still think that's a load of crap. People should be recognized for their works. Konami seems to be going out of their way to piss people off. Honestly, I don't think they should have the power to do that. Unless he's leaking information or working against the company, Kojima (and any developer in general) should be allowed to do what he (or she for other developers) wants in his free time, even going to a silly award show and having some fun. Screw Konami.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
EA must be loving Konami about right now -- with them taking all the angry-gamer heat off their back and all. :P

Reactions: TecXero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.