Konami banned Kojima from Game Award.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by anhminh, Dec 5, 2015.

1. anhminh
    OP

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    On December 3rd, 2015, "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" won the awards for Best Score/Soundtrack and Best Action/Adventure Game at the Game Awards ceremony. After the award was accepted by actor Kiefer Sutherland, who voiced the character Big Boss in the game, host Geoff Keighley announced that Hideo Kojima could not attend the ceremony due to his contract with Konami (shown below).

Really Konami, really?

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I don't even like the Metal Gear franchise (outside of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance) and I still think that's a load of crap. People should be recognized for their works. Konami seems to be going out of their way to piss people off. Honestly, I don't think they should have the power to do that. Unless he's leaking information or working against the company, Kojima (and any developer in general) should be allowed to do what he (or she for other developers) wants in his free time, even going to a silly award show and having some fun. Screw Konami.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    EA must be loving Konami about right now -- with them taking all the angry-gamer heat off their back and all. :P

TecXero likes this.
  4. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Konami is going full retard