Gaming Knights in the Nightmare help thread

CrestComplete

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
17 hours but I was going for items.

If I had to play on normal, I'd probably be able to beat it in 10-12 hours because I don't have to read the story and I have a firm grasp on the battle system.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing it on Normal mode; its a very good game so far. The only thing that I am having problems with is recruiting knights. I forgot how you do that again; plus how do you back in order to recruit more people.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaos said:
Give them their Key Item.

However, if you miss a knight, you can't go back to get them.

Well that sucks =/
I mean another thing that sucks also if you need an item for a certain class >.>

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
Kaos said:
Give them their Key Item.

However, if you miss a knight, you can't go back to get them.

Well that sucks =/
I mean another thing that sucks also if you need an item for a certain class >.>

I've honestly never seen a chapter-based SRPG that lets you go back to a map for recruitment, though. Rather akin to the Fire Emblem series.

I'm kind of not stressing myself over collecting all the knights. As it is, I have more knights than I can use, with your permanent allies, the drifting nameless ones and the provided ones on each map. Same with weapons.
In some sense, this is much, much easier than Riviera. Once you understand the battle system, it isn't that difficult, really. I've found myself intentionally making the battles longer. >>

Does anyone know how many battles/scenes there are in total?

Flameburst

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find that for the first turn, its most effective to use up all your key items and then end early. (Press any arrow key) Then you can exchange the rest of the time for either EXP or MP. I usually take EXP so I gain an excess. Then on my second turn I use the 1 or so mp you get to use an item and attack the enemies for more MP. This way you can get even more MP after using key items. (Bonus time mp, then attack mp 2nd turn). In some battles, if I'm low on mp i end early to get like 3 mp for the next turn, to make it easier. If there's an enemy I can't hit, i just take the bonus exp from ending early. Along the way, I just get whatever items I can get, but I still have a priority on key items
laugh.gif

PuyoDead said:
This has been my strategy:

On first getting to the tactics screen (where you pick units and items), I check the names of the units (knights and non-knights), then check my inventory to see if I have any key items for recruiting. If it's a non-knight, they'll give you a weapon (that's all I've got so far). Then I check the placements of chests/boxes/other things to break in relation to the units. Let's say there's a rock next to one. I'll stick a warrior there (or anything else that can hit it) to try to get the item from it. If something is out of range, I try to find a unit that can hit it from a distance, or pick a unit that can move there. Duelists and L. Knights I know so far can move squares (apparently some items can do the same, but I'm yet to see any). Then after a turn, I can try to find something than can hit it from the new spot. After that, it's the usual picking of weapons that match the units and their levels. I don't really concern myself with matching elements much. If I can, cool, but otherwise I don't really bother (unless it's nearing the end of the turns).

First things first, I use my key items to get those out of the way. Sometimes I have so many, that I'm left to only be able to build MP. That's not such a bad thing, really. In battle, I of course do a regular attack (just hold down on the unit and pull a direction) and try to hit as many enemies as possible to build up MP. After that I pick weapons that I hope will do a lovely job of smearing enemies across the board. At the same time, I try to hit as many of those chests/boxes as possible for key items. If I need to move units, I'll do that, too.

After that, it's just a matter of if you want to get all the items on the board (I very rarely can even get them all), or if you just want to kill everything as fast as possible. Just keep in mind, the more you recruit, the more classes you'll have to use all your weapons. And the more enemies you kill, the more weapons you'll earn.

Just remember kids: distribute that EXP between chapters!

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I've only recently found the advantage to ending turns early. I had one battle where I only had only one ally that was capable of hitting the last enemy (Knight was too high up to move, Duelist was on the edge of the map). I would hit them with my weak 12% or so a few times, get some MP, then end the turn. That's when I did a lot of experimenting with units and their special attack stuff (element changing, stunning, etc.). Eventually, one certain green enemy had a path right into a gram, and boom, battle over.

Why yes, yes I do love this game.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
For some reason, I've rarely ever get key items/new knights. I know I'm supposed to break stuff, but it seems like my knights can never reach the breakable stuff with their attacks...

tical00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man just read through this whole thraed at work and it sounds beautiful! So complex I'll just get so wrapped up in it it'll be great! Gotta finish playing crimson gem saga first though
frown.gif

fraust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don' get this game at, I am on he werewolf and dont even get close to beating him. I must be doing something wrong. I know how to activate skills, but just cant do enough damage.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fraust said:
I don' get this game at, I am on he werewolf and dont even get close to beating him. I must be doing something wrong. I know how to activate skills, but just cant do enough damage.
Wait until he howls and there should be a number in a box on him. Spin the number with the Wisp to "jam" him. You can then start dealing massive damage.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone ran out of weapons yet? Just wondering if such a thing is possible, as I think that would totally just make the game fail. I've managed to get some high-level weapons, like an Aurora Axe and stuff, but I don't know if I'm going to run out of Frozen Axes. I realise I can combine them to create a higher durability weapon, but there's only so many of them. Posted in the release thread as well, although I think we should just make a general KitN thread. IMO anyway.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I was up to around 85 or so weapons at one point, but then I started fusing things I had a lot of, and breaking down all the level 1 things. The closest I've came to running out of a weapon is the fact that I only have 3 for my Lance Knights. But if that ever happens, just play the leveling maps for EXP and weapons.

fraust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a better grasp of it now, but still don't understand some things. Like how do you match up mobs to creat a bar across the bottom, that still makes no sense to me, though I do it I do not know how to do it to win, it just happens.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
In the tactics screen before the first turn, if you tap an enemy, it'll show where they're located in that grid at the bottom. After each turn, however, you'll get that roulette wheel of enemies to pick from. As they spin, watch the grid. Each colored spot will go with an enemy on the wheels. The green wheel will cycle through all the green enemy spots in the grid, and likewise with the other colors. So, you'll want to try to stop those wheels so they form a line bingo-style on the grid.

If you've ever noticed an enemy flashing white on the wheel, that's because they're the last one to fill a spot on a line. Hence, if you stop it on them, killing them will win the battle. Also, any enemies with a flashing outline are high level enemies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs