Hacking Kingston Japan 2 GB MicroSD?

KH-Roms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is this product already available in market?
Anybody know where to find them? I search in Google but only find 1 GB, some of people telling me that 2GB already available but they don't know if it is made in Taiwan or Japanese.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was searching for 2GB way before I was interested in DS (From Kingston, of course), and there was none available. I'm assuming that you're not worried about price, and just want to bust out a lot of money for merely double the capacity. I would basically wait til retailers have them available on shelf.

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can find any Kingston's Japan made 2GB MicroSD cards. This is due to the fact their MicroSD comes from Toshiba OEM, so if Toshiba doesn't manufacturer 2GB MicroSD (Which they currently don't) then a Japan Kingston 2GB MicroSD is impossible to begin with.

By the way you can check Toshiba's own site here: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/s...crosd/index.htm

(I don't see 2GB MicroSD listed anyware there)

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really dont think so
i was looking all day at microsd cards and never saw a 2gb toshiba or kingston

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If those are USD$ prices, they are incredibly old - The SanDisk 2gb for $119 was first available in the US directly from Verizon (the only company legally to sell them - by contract - for the first few months) was available for $102 in July/August 2006. And today is now available from other sources such as NewEgg for as low as $57.

Re: that site listed above - I can hardly think that since they have a Kingston price difference of about $3 per 256MB/512MB/1GB ($10/$12.50/$17, respectably), that the MAJOR price jump of $148 is for reals.

I am just making observations here - which could completely be all wrong. In which I completely agree with you in saying, "it's really goddamm ex..."

EDIT:
Besides, there is always this...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...244&CMP=OTC-RSS
$39 Transcend 2GB MicroSD Flash Card Model TS2GUSD - Retail

KH-Roms

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, you guys right, maybe I'll wait, 110$ sandisk, Dang! Again! you right "it's really goddamm ex...". Thx for your help.
About Transcend 2GB MicroSD Flash Card Model TS2GUSD, has anyone tried it with Supercard DS(one)?

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't matter where it's manufactured, what matters is which chip they use. So far, no 2 gig cards pass the PoR test. I don't expect this to be the first, Japanese or not.
Yeah I know! - It needs to be tested to find out. But if it's Japanese, there's a better chance of it being a decent card.
All of the other 2GB cards (inc Sandisk Ultra II) are made in Taiwan.

magikalfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if yall want a 2GB, try getting a Kingmax one. Their cards are suppose to be very fast because of their use of single level cells. They make a 2GB so that'll probably be your best bet. As DShunter said, it's not the Kingston card that everyone's itching for, it's Toshiba's. Instead of Kingston, you could get a PNY which are, as far as I can tell, all 100% made in Japan Toshiba OEMs. Also Toshiba sells their own cards as well as other rebadges.

There's one on ebay going for relatively cheap right now. 3 hours left as of this post. It's probably the fastest card you can get even if it's not MADE IN JAPAN.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought one for my R4, however I believe Castlevania: POR doesn't run as well as many other cards (more crashes, freezes, etc). I plan to get an UltraII or Patriot 2 GB since they'll probably run games better in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2