Hacking Kingston 4gb MicroSD

invalidarguments

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what category should I post this but I use an R4i so I guess this goes here.

I recently upgraded from 2gb kingston microsd to 4g kingston microsd. So I copied everything to my 4gb (firmware, games and saves). The problem is, ALL of the saves on my 4gb became corrupted.

I think the problem is on the micro sd.

I need advice on how to format it like:

should I use FAT or FAT32
the allocation unit size
what formatter to use
etc.

I use Wood R4ids 1.20 from this site.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fat 32 is the recommended option for Flashcards. Just use that, and you should be fine. For the saves, I'm not sure what happend. Make sure that the saves are copied to computer first, mabey that helps. (for wood, you can choose between .nds.sav and .sav, mabey thats the problem.)

invalidarguments

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How about the allocation size?

About the saves. I can't get my old saves to work so I decided to start over. I was just 4hrs in on Dark Dawn so it wasn't a problem. But guess what happened on my new save.. I turned off my DS and turned it back on and my new file was corrupted.

I read somewhere that Wood R4 doesn't support SDHC and 4gb is classified as SDHC. Can I have a confirmation about that?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
invalidarguments said:
About the saves. I can't get my old saves to work so I decided to start over. I was just 4hrs in on Dark Dawn so it wasn't a problem. But guess what happened on my new save.. I turned off my DS and turned it back on and my new file was corrupted.

From your description I think the data on the 4 GB card is lost. Do you still have the 2 GB card? Maybe the saves are still there. If you deleted all files then you may get them back using a program like Recuva. Of course it the data on the 2 GB card is overwritten with new data then the saves are lost of course.

It is always a good idea to have a backup and never trust your data to a single disk or flashcard.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1