Gaming Kingston 2GB MicroSD not being read

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long Version

I have a Kingston 2GB microSD card that I ordered with my Acekard through ShopTemp last April. Now I know that the cards have been known to be faulty, but I haven't ran into any problems.

Anyways, it was working great, it worked just fine with everything I put on it. I got one of those little adapters, which while I hated using, worked great. Then I got a USB reader with my R4 and it worked just fine.

Well a couple weeks ago, I was going to my friends place. And we've been downloading shows, and instead of wasting download bandwidth downloading from a torrent, we'd figure we would just swap shows.

I put a couple episodes of a show on it. I managed to get like 13 episodes or so written on it, and as it's writing, it all of a sudden just stopped. I thought "Okay, I guess it's full, the message just didn't show up." So I unplugged it, and plugged it back in to see how many episodes I managed to get on there to report to my friend. I plugged it in, Autoplay wasn't showing up. I wasn't concerned because for a long time now, Autoplay has sucked on this computer, but it's never bugged me, as I usually just hit cancel anyways. So I went to do the drive where it usually is, double clicked, nothing. It said there was nothing in the drive. I thought it was weird. So I tried a different USB port, again nothing.

"Okay... this is fucked up" I thought to myself. I tried a different drive (I have 8 of them), all of them did nothing. So I took the MicroSD out of the USB reader, and put it in it's SD reader, that didn't do anything either. I plugged the MicroSD into a phone, and sure enough, all of my files were there. It showed everything just fine, all the episodes I put on it and the names and everything. So I thought that, because I plugged it into a phone, the phone probably wrote some folders to it to store media so I thought it would work just fine. Nope.

tl;dr: I put tv shows on MicroSD, MicroSD randomly stopped working. Computers don't recognize MicroSD, but Phone does.

So now I'm at a loss for words. I don't know what to do. I've tried it in different computers, all of them make the same sound when you plug a USB into the computer, but it doesn't show up at all. Any help? I want to get this fixed again because I don't exactly have the money to go out and buy a $20.00 card for my DS (yes, they're that expensive here), and I don't have a credit card to buy online.

Just really bummed because I still have a buttload of games on there that I have to finish, and now that I'm obsessed with Dragon Quest, seeing the dump, makes me want to play it so bad :/

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Strange. I would personally format the sd and see if that works, but being an rpg-fan myself I realize how heartbreaking that must be.

Is it possible to connect your phone (with the microsd in it) to the pc using usb and accessing the files from there? If so you could back up your savegames and then format. If using USB doesn't work, then perhaps your phone has bluetooth (to transfer files to the pc) or internet access (to sent the files to your gmail)?

Let me know if this was of any help to you.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already took the files off of it before I put the episodes on it. As I had 2 gigs of games, I had no choice if I wanted shows on there. I can't format it at all, it doesn't pick up in the PC. I'll try putting it in a phone tonight when my mom gets home, because I don't have my own phone.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put it in a digital camera, and connected the camera to a computer.

"Card Error. Format?"

I hit yes.

"Format Error."

Fuck, I think this thing is shot. Well, no more DS games for me.

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like it's damaged pretty badly. Damage could be either logically or physically, and by the looks of it, it's the latter. I'm afraid the only thing left to do is buy a new one.

Just be glad you still have your Dragon Quest savefile.
wink.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how or why it would get damaged though. I always take care of my shit, I never throw it or anything. I was playing it right before I put the tv shows on.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

that reeeeeally pisses me off because right now my DSL and XL are collecting dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-