Kingston 2GB MicroSD not being read

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ShadowSoldier, Feb 17, 2011.

Feb 17, 2011
  1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Long Version

Warning: Spoilers inside!

tl;dr: I put tv shows on MicroSD, MicroSD randomly stopped working. Computers don't recognize MicroSD, but Phone does.

So now I'm at a loss for words. I don't know what to do. I've tried it in different computers, all of them make the same sound when you plug a USB into the computer, but it doesn't show up at all. Any help? I want to get this fixed again because I don't exactly have the money to go out and buy a $20.00 card for my DS (yes, they're that expensive here), and I don't have a credit card to buy online.

Just really bummed because I still have a buttload of games on there that I have to finish, and now that I'm obsessed with Dragon Quest, seeing the dump, makes me want to play it so bad :/

2. ferdi-t

Member ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Strange. I would personally format the sd and see if that works, but being an rpg-fan myself I realize how heartbreaking that must be.

Is it possible to connect your phone (with the microsd in it) to the pc using usb and accessing the files from there? If so you could back up your savegames and then format. If using USB doesn't work, then perhaps your phone has bluetooth (to transfer files to the pc) or internet access (to sent the files to your gmail)?

Let me know if this was of any help to you.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    I already took the files off of it before I put the episodes on it. As I had 2 gigs of games, I had no choice if I wanted shows on there. I can't format it at all, it doesn't pick up in the PC. I'll try putting it in a phone tonight when my mom gets home, because I don't have my own phone.

4. ferdi-t

Netherlands
    Would your phone be able to format it, or perhaps a digital camera?

5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Put it in a digital camera, and connected the camera to a computer.

"Card Error. Format?"

I hit yes.

"Format Error."

Fuck, I think this thing is shot. Well, no more DS games for me.

6. ferdi-t

Netherlands
    Looks like it's damaged pretty badly. Damage could be either logically or physically, and by the looks of it, it's the latter. I'm afraid the only thing left to do is buy a new one.

Just be glad you still have your Dragon Quest savefile. [​IMG]

7. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    I don't know how or why it would get damaged though. I always take care of my shit, I never throw it or anything. I was playing it right before I put the tv shows on.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

that reeeeeally pisses me off because right now my DSL and XL are collecting dust.