Gaming Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded(U) Hype Thread

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it just me, or are the conversations being dulled (the trailer shows dialogues with non-moving characters), while 358/2 had actual moving and animated cut scenes :/

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a port of the mobile version of Coded which only came out in Japan. They quickly chucked all of it together with some extras; they had no time to make cutscenes like 358/2 days, which had more development time.

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hey Ventus, more than likely it will get dumped before the official release date since its been released early i wouldn't care since i can read japanese
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
This is a port of the mobile version of Coded which only came out in Japan. They quickly chucked all of it together with some extras; they had no time to make cutscenes like 358/2 days, which had more development time.
Incorrect. ReCoded is a complete overhaul. Coded had completely different gameplay, was running on a totally different engine, and used 2D sprites for all characters and enemies. ReCoded retooled the game using an enhanced version of the Days engine, meaning it has fully 3D characters and enemies this time. And unlike Coded's limited gameplay, ReCoded implemented the deck command system seen in BBS (PSP), and tweaks the leveling up and ability progression system of Days (and adding its own ideas).

The game is a full on remake. In fact, the gameplay is SO drastic that it's more than a remake, it's more of a re-imagining. Ports as a rule are generally the exact same game programmed to run on different hardware (very little changes in the code in fact). Remakes are usually complete overhaul in graphics, and adding on top of what was already there. Re-imaginings though change the core elements of the game entirely.

@boktor666

The cutscenes are now 2-dimensional sprite based cutouts. It could be superior or inferior to Days depending on your point of view. I think they look good, quite similar to the type of cutscenes seen in The World Ends With You. Though the cutouts are lacking in animation, being sprites allows a far greater level of detail (no longer limited to the DS' restrictive 3D capabilities). The models in Days didn't actually animate that well to begin with (in terms of facial expression). Here there's a far greater range of expressions. It actually conveys MORE emotion than the ingame cutscenes in Days.

Put into perspective, just view them side by side (Days pic first, ReCoded is the second pic)-
943346_20090804_screen007.jpg
85571020100828_054643_7_big.jpg

I'd say it's pretty balanced actually. If Days' characters had been made to have actual facial expression (like in Ninokuni or Star Wars Clone Wars on DS), it might have been superior to ReCoded. But there's still the blocky graphics. I'd say they did quite well with ReCoded's cutscenes.

More on topic- this game was apparently supposed to be sold early at the Nintendo World store in New York (i think). I heard the 9th though...

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@granville
Very true. I accept defeat.
I was just trying to give a short and sweet explanation
smile.gif

I reckon the guy that got it must be some type of employee at a game shop, i doubt that only 1 wallmart would give it out early, usually when something like this happens, all the rest of the shops release early too so as to not loose buyers. I don't see any other videos on youtube apart from his own. So...

And yeh there is some type of event on the 9th where people can get it early.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think the older games were that boring, I actually even liked them. Maybe I am just satisfied with a game much earlier then you...

LimeRiot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Im here to set the record straight.

Wal-mart is not officialy selling the game, I just happened to see it behind the Ds's, and a lady price checked it for me, after which I bought it. I dont work for wal-mart. Im only 15. Also I'm quite sure only me, and the guy working on the dump right now, have real (U) copies of the game.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LimeRiot said:

Wal-mart is not officialy selling the game, I just happened to see it behind the Ds's, and a lady price checked it for me, after which I bought it. I dont work for wal-mart. Im only 15. Also I'm quite sure only me, and the guy working on the dump right now, have real (U) copies of the game.

Dump the game! DO US ALL A FAVOR!

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I played this game... the japanese version, and read the synopsis. Gameplay wise it's pretty much a rehash of KH1, the story is what's significant here, I would say at a Chain of Memories kinda of significance, skippable, but when you play the game that uses the story from this, there will be a few holes, which you will have to infer/inform yourself.

ghassanyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
ShadowSoldier said:
LimeRiot said:

YES DO A FAVOR I REFRESH THE PAGE 40 TIMES per mintute

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ghassanyoshi said:
ShadowSoldier said:
LimeRiot said:

I'm not that pathetic o.0

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ghassanyoshi said:

Dude, that's 1.5 times a second! Is that even enough time for the page to load properly? Do yourself a favor and detach your retinas from the screen and GO OUTSIDE. (Unless your weather is like mine and its snowing profusely. In which case, just leave the room for a bit.) Patience is key here. All good things come in time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol