Gaming Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded(U) Hype Thread

grimmer190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, if there was one thing I loved about BBS it was the fact that they brought the whole KH experience almost flawlessly to a handheld. The problem was, as a KH fan I just HAD to get every single thing (commands, equips, story, etc.), which seemed like a fun task at first, but then just became boring and too repetitive, something I had not experienced with KH, KH:CoM or KHII.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each story is separate in BBS though, with different cutscenes and bosses (and sometimes different level areas). Only a few select cutscenes are identical (mostly in the beginning). The story has major revelations about the series as a whole too. ReCoded is just a rehash of KH1 worlds yet AGAIN. And its story is useless and irrelevant to the KH plotline, except for the secret ending which sets up the events of KH3D. It beats me why you can accuse BBS of making you replay the same worlds 3 times and not be mad that ReCoded recycles the same worlds (and some of the same story sequences) from KH1...

ReCoded has fun gameplay, but that's all it has going for it. As a new story, it sucks. Pretty much everything you do in the game except for the ending is completely useless filler. It's like most of the Disney worlds in Chain of Memories. They serve no purpose and don't really have a reason to be there. Only at the VERY end do things get more interesting. Gameplay is great, story not.

BBS is definitely the superior game overall. It has a really good story AND solid gameplay. Gameplay isn't as fun as ReCoded, but ReCoded wouldn't even exist without BBS's gameplay. Story is FAR better.

KH2FM made KH2 much better IMO. KH2 was basically an unfinished game in essence, they added SO much-
- critical mode makes the game an actual challenge (original game is a pushover at ANY difficulty)
- you can now actually fight Roxas (which is one of the best fights in the game)
- absent silhouettes, which lets you fight the organization members from Chain of Memories
- data battles, challenging fights from ALL 13 organization members
- new drive form with new abilities to collect (limit form)
- new cutscenes that add more to the story arc
- an entirely new (and hard dungeon), Cavern of Remembrance, which actually features PLATFORMING!
- Lingering Sentiment (Terra) boss fight (sure Mysterious Figure is harder, but that's because he's incredibly cheap as opposed to being genuinely difficult, it's a luck based fight, Terra is just hard for all the right reasons)
- collectable puzzle pieces which let you do puzzle minigames, unlocking some sweet artwork and special items
- Mushroom XIII battle challenges, lets you earn special items
- theater mode lets you watch all cutscenes in the game
- new secret ending over the original KH2, shows heavy and awesome teaser for BBS
- new weapons, items, abilities, and accessories
- numerous minor to fairly major changes to worlds and enemies in general

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
grimmer190 said:
Yea, if there was one thing I loved about BBS it was the fact that they brought the whole KH experience almost flawlessly to a handheld. The problem was, as a KH fan I just HAD to get every single thing (commands, equips, story, etc.), which seemed like a fun task at first, but then just became boring and too repetitive, something I had not experienced with KH, KH:CoM or KHII.

Yeah, same. But sadly, thats how it is with every game. Some hard work. Dont know how you can say it was fun to find every dalmation chest in KH1. I found it really boring. But in my experience, its hard work, but its worth it at the end. BBS is 100% for all 3 characters.
I agree also. BBS is a perfect portable KH.

I agree also with granville partly. Sadly every KH brought to a nintendo console might as well not existed. It'd be nice to have a KH2 feeling for a nintendo console for a change. Or maybe some BBS worlds in it. I think KH 3DS is gonna be a lot better.

grimmer190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Each story is separate in BBS though, with different cutscenes and bosses (and sometimes different level areas). Only a few select cutscenes are identical (mostly in the beginning). The story has major revelations about the series as a whole too. ReCoded is just a rehash of KH1 worlds yet AGAIN. And its story is useless and irrelevant to the KH plotline, except for the secret ending which sets up the events of KH3D. It beats me why you can accuse BBS of making you replay the same worlds 3 times and not be mad that ReCoded recycles the same worlds (and some of the same story sequences) from KH1...

ReCoded has fun gameplay, but that's all it has going for it. As a new story, it sucks. Pretty much everything you do in the game except for the ending is completely useless filler. It's like most of the Disney worlds in Chain of Memories. They serve no purpose and don't really have a reason to be there. Only at the VERY end do things get more interesting. Gameplay is great, story not.

BBS is definitely the superior game overall. It has a really good story AND solid gameplay. Gameplay isn't as fun as ReCoded, but ReCoded wouldn't even exist without BBS's gameplay. Story is FAR better.

I wasn't even comparing BBS and Re:Coded xD

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, looks like i heavily misread some of the comments. Sorry, i was distracted and shouldn't have posted until my full attention was on the topic... I kind of mixed some people up and didn't make it clear what comments were directed at whom.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HELL YES!!!
biggrin.gif

[17:27:19] [@SignZ] [ NDS ] Kingdom_Hearts_Re-Coded_USA_NDS-XPA

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome so if i go to sleep now within 12hrs it will b up? (probz only gonna sleep for an hour but)

Sooo cool!!! i got a new psp with BBS recently nd only got to the first savepoint before doing something else and i havent got bak to it yet..been waiting for this since the jiminy cricket voice actor announced US Version
smile.gif

Wait..dam i have a R4 Original so ill have to wait a while for AP To be cracked..dam

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Found it too. For anyone who might be wondering, the file is 186.1 MB, a bit more than the japanese version.

Ive found it aswell getting now hopefully legit will test on NO$GBA And Desume Currently.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even though it was posted, I'll post it again so people will stop asking "WHERE IS IT" because they're too lazy to go back a few pages:

Kingdom_Hearts_Re-Coded_USA_NDS-XPA

I'll post in a bit if it works on AKAIO 1.8.1.

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShineroDark said:
Found It
yaynds.gif

Hope it works on my R4 original with wood 1.21
unsure.gif

Im currently getting this and thinking about it more i realise its probbably the jap eng patched one with fake name and also the original J one worked on wood so if this works then no doubt its fake as it couldnt run The JAP version without a new FW/AP Patch so nope were probabbly gonna have to wait a week for a new wood.
frown.gif
(if this is real)...11/186MB 10 mins to go.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the download going slow for anybody else? I'm using a HotFile link, and it's taken over 15 minutes, 7 more to go to download this. This has never happened, usually it's done in less than 5 minutes. A lot of traffic maybe?

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
I can confirm that it's the legit release and it works on AKAIO 1.8.1. I've got the AAP enabled.

u cant really confirm this until the end of the game as it could be the translated version of the JAP One....then again if u aqquired savefile of the jap patched eng version after where its non translated anymore then use it with the u version and english comes up then it is the full eng version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0